West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

I know they haven’t been in the best form, but how far we’ve come to look that competitive and comfortable away to a team in the top third of the table. 

This ridiculous run of injuries is the only thing that could get us back into trouble.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Couldn’t bare to watch the second half anyone care to sum up ? 

Huge result.

Not much to say really. Scrappy half, lots of mis placed passes and grafting. No team looked like scoring. 

Defence looks solid (krafth aside). Midfield 3 is unbelievable 

Still a bit toothless in attack. 

Looks like we are capable of grinding our way out of the relegation mess but how we needed another attacking player or two.

Bring on the Brentford game. It is now massive. Especially if they lose today.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Will take a point all day long in those circumstances. With the exception of Dawson, who completely dominated for them, I thought we were the better team in every other area.

Initial reactions

Dubravka - 7

Krafth - 7

Schar - 7

Burn - 7

Targett - 8

Joelinton - 7.5

Shelvey - 7

Willock - 8

Murphy - 6.5

Wood - 5

Fraser - 7

As a team - 8

Swap Wood and Krafth around an extra .5 for Murphy and I’ll agree 

What I learned, the lads are understanding much more what Howe wants from them, we are becoming tough to beat,and injuries are a total nightmare, because Emil Krafth & Murphy shouldn't really be anywhere near the starting eleven.

Onto the next, hopefully Bruno wont be a 6 minute wonder?

Very satisfied with that giving we were missing probably our three best players and what we were forced to play.  Would definitely have taken a point and this was the least nervous I've been for a long time watching a game.

Bruce's team with modest acquisitions of Wood, Targett and Burn.

Also considering where these are in the league with that sterile atmosphere, feels like it wouldn't take much to get up their ourselves

3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Really good result and performance away from home against a decent side. Our three best players were out. Think if any one of them had been playing we would have won it. 

Trippier especially would have clicked on that Dawson was winning everything and probably found a different route in. I love Targett but he's pretty one note in attack.