Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Allardyce is right up there, for me.  As I started regularly going to games when he was appointed.  Most of the signings and certainly the football was so uninspired and depressing under him.  Wigan away on Boxing Day and Fulham away, are two of the worst games of football I have ever been to.  Wigan in particular, was an utter disgrace from a Newcastle point of view.  Oh and how could I forget Derby away.  

I think I probably dislike Allardyce the most, thinking about it.  Perhaps because of the narrative around him with the media, his own ego, all other fans queuing up to tell me how he's a good manager and would have kept us up.  Fuck me, I'd rather end up in League One than watch that shit every week. 

Kinnear and Carver were just comedy value and somehow just feel nothing about them, looking back.

Pardew was a slimeball and got found out soon enough as a manager.  But I did go to some good games and we had some quality players, at least. 

Not sure if it is recency bias with Bruce. But the way he carried on here is probably the worst of the lot.  Although, I think I had lost interest after half getting back invested under Rafa.  So it just didn't hurt as much and I didn't care like I did when I was younger.  

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Allardyce is right up there, for me.  As I started regularly going to games when he was appointed.  Most of the signings and certainly the football was so uninspired and depressing under him.  Wigan away on Boxing Day and Fulham away, are two of the worst games of football I have ever been to.  Wigan in particular, was an utter disgrace from a Newcastle point of view.  Oh and how could I forget Derby away.  

I think I probably dislike Allardyce the most, thinking about it.  Perhaps because of the narrative around him with the media, his own ego, all other fans queuing up to tell me how he's a good manager and would have kept us up.  Fuck me, I'd rather end up in League One than watch that shit every week. 

Kinnear and Carver were just comedy value and somehow just feel nothing about them, looking back.

Pardew was a slimeball and got found out soon enough as a manager.  But I did go to some good games and we had some quality players, at least. 

Not sure if it is recency bias with Bruce. But the way he carried on here is probably the worst of the lot.  Although, I think I had lost interest after half getting back invested under Rafa.  So it just didn't hurt as much and I didn't care like I did when I was younger.  

Allardyce was horrific...he came here on the basis of expecting to be able to spend big money on players, but totally lacked the awareness that Shepherd appointed him purely on the basis that he built a decent Bolton team on next to nothing and was hoping for the same.

Apart from his first game in charge the football was the most depressing and bland I've ever known...at least a shocking performance gives us something to talk about, but what he served up was 90 minutes of boredom and usually defeat which would make anyone not want to watch football again let alone us.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Definitely will always be Pardew and Allardyce for me, always got the feeling Allardyce didn't really like Newcastle either, don't know whether that is just me being suspicious of his Sunderland links as a player. But in any case he was an insufferable cunt regardless.

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I mean yeah pretty much. He did seem like he was doing his best. He had a heart bypass whilst here as a manager. His opening presser was hilarious. I don't know, the absurdity of it all doesn't engender hate in me.  

:lol: "Which one is Simon Bird? You're a cunt" is probably the finest opening gambit of any NUFC manager tbf.

Also never heard anyone else before or since use the phrase "water off a duck's arse". 

17 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: "Which one is Simon Bird? You're a cunt" is probably the finest opening gambit of any NUFC manager tbf.

Also never heard anyone else before or since use the phrase "water off a duck's arse". 

Had to go and drag it up again.  Listening to it now :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: "Water off a duck's arse" was off the Yohan Kebab interview (on Talksport?) I think, just to add to Vlad's listening list.

Never thought I'd be going down a Joe Kinnear rabbit hole on Youtube :lol: 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Page 80ish of the Kinnear thread if anyone wants to relive their reactions. It was absolutely staggering. Think it was @Pilko who suggested he was probably getting cash in hand for every name he got wrong, just for a laugh. 

Insomnia didn't go down to well with N'Zogbia I recall.

3 hours ago, Interpolic said:

In that opening presser the press officer says after all the ruckus ’right can we just draw a line under this and move on’ 

and then one of the bollocked press-pit just says ‘what, move on to not doing anymore press conferences’ 

[emoji38]

Allardyce, Bruce, and Souness as the worst.

Casa St. James, Bruce for being a plastic Geordie who knowingly used every Southern journo trope against us fans, and Souness for also blaming the fans and "expectations". All three played terrible football.

Pardew is not quite as bad due to fluking the fifth finish and having a certain degree of personal charisma and entertaining foibles. Shagging players' wives (at other clubs), "The King eats your dinner". those moves during the Cup Final, etc. Kinnear and Carver don't make the top group due to being comically short-tempered. Kinnear's potty mouth and Carver asking the away fans outside. Both totally inept. Of the two, I preferred Kinnear, and Carver was lucky to be replaced before his "I'm the best coach in the league" became too grating.

Gullit gets a pass for not taking a payoff and for shagging the same barmaid down the Quay as Gazza, enabling her to tell whichever tabloid it was that Gazza was better in bed.

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

Pardew is not quite as bad due to fluking the fifth finish and having a certain degree of personal charisma and entertaining foibles. Shagging players' wives (at other clubs), "The King eats your dinner". those moves during the Cup Final, etc. Kinnear and Carver don't make the top group due to being comically short-tempered. Kinnear's potty mouth and Carver asking the away fans outside. Both totally inept. Of the two, I preferred Kinnear, and Carver was lucky to be replaced before his "I'm the best coach in the league" became too grating.

Gullit gets a pass for not taking a payoff and for shagging the same barmaid down the Quay as Gazza, enabling her to tell whichever tabloid it was that Gazza was better in bed.

Kinnear did a good job at Wimbledon. The likes of which Carver could never have got close to achieving. No 'what a character' element to him either.

That reminds me, didn't Gullit go out with Cruyff's niece? Was talk of Chelsea signing the offspring though it all sounds very Daily Star.

Doesn't work like that, every other Gullit and Cruyff in history has been shit at football and I'm not discounting Jordi.

Edited by Jonas

Allardyce, Bruce and Souness are by far the worst ,all cut from the same cloth , always have digs at Newcastle and have delusions way above their station.

Carver, McClaren and Gullit were out their depth big time but don’t seem to hold any grudge towards Newcastle and Gullit gets respect for quitting when he could have held out for his payoff .

Dalglish, was awful and I really dislike him , ruined the second best team in the country  and gave all his mates a final payday ,hate all that King Kenny bollocks from the Liverpool fans as well.

Shearer hardly worth mentioning in manager terms as that team was down whoever took over .

Roeder was a nice guy and did a decent enough job.

Pardew, 5th, 16th, 10th and left us in like 9th wasn’t it ? Yeah he was an awful person but he did a better job than any of the other managers we had under Ashley .

Hughton did well in difficult circumstances .

Benitez is loved for his politics and going against Ashley , job he did football wise was ok but nothing special and the football was crap to watch .  Was glad he never came back when the takeover happened and we would be nowhere near as good as we are now if he had.

Adore Robson and Keegan and obviously don’t need to explain why. Same goes with Eddie and I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager in the league .

Edited by Geogaddi

THE LIBRARY OF HORRIFIC PIECES OF HUMAN SHIT

Dalglish

Bruce

Allardyce

Souness

Kinnear

Pardew

Gullitt

DISLIKE/DISGUST

McClaren (just a thoroughly shit and incompetent manager, but not a bad person)

APATHY

Carver (mostly due to his time as Bobby's number 2)

Roeder

FONDNESS

Shearer (Mostly because it's Alan fucking Shearer and he was my boyhood hero)

Hughton

ADORE

Robson

Keegan

Benitez

Howe

Edited by Skeletor