Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

On 01/05/2022 at 20:10, Geordie Ahmed said:

I suppose from his perspective why bother putting in the effort of learning and getting better, he is still managing to get jobs and get paid well for them, plus he has a media that defends him 

Yeah, if you're goal is to make as much money as you can, for as little effort as possible, he's doing just fine.  Things like pride only get in the way.

A back three had been used by the Albion boss for the previous ten matches in charge, in much the same ilk as predecessor Valerien Ismael, to some success. When fielded in a 3-5-2 formation, Bruce's side lost just three matches, drawing another trio while winning the other four.

That was in stark contrast to the start of the former Newcastle United head coach's reign. After replacing Ismael, the new manager's preferred 4-3-3 formation was immediately implemented in four of his first five games in charge but was quickly scrapped as they picked up just one point out of a possible 15.

Bruce acknowledged before the Reading match that the initial alteration was maybe made too fast and an error. "Maybe I tried to change it too quickly when I first came in," said Bruce. :lol: "It was probably a mistake, in hindsight, but I'd rather play a back four."

That preference came to the fore against the Royals last weekend as Kyle Bartley returned alongside Semi Ajayi while Dara O'Shea shifted out to right-back on the opposite flank to Conor Townsend, who was moved back to a more natural full-back role. The early returns pleased the Albion boss.

“That is the way I’d like to go moving forward," Bruce admitted after the win. "We played that way in mind of next season when we start afresh. Whether that’s 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1 as we call it now, :lol: it’s something I am looking at."

So Bruce. 

Millions in he bank and he takes on another job he knows he'll be fucked (and paid) off from soon enough. WTF WBA's owners saw in him is beyond me.

Probably promises a hush hush backhander to directors when he's laid off. I'd love for him to be investigated on that basis because it's the only explanation I can see for him being constantly hired.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Shearer trying to say the only difference was how one handled the media. Fuck right off.

How about an article explaining the differences between your mate and Eddie Howe, Alan? 

Edited by Bintang

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

A back three had been used by the Albion boss for the previous ten matches in charge, in much the same ilk as predecessor Valerien Ismael, to some success. When fielded in a 3-5-2 formation, Bruce's side lost just three matches, drawing another trio while winning the other four.

That was in stark contrast to the start of the former Newcastle United head coach's reign. After replacing Ismael, the new manager's preferred 4-3-3 formation was immediately implemented in four of his first five games in charge but was quickly scrapped as they picked up just one point out of a possible 15.

Bruce acknowledged before the Reading match that the initial alteration was maybe made too fast and an error. "Maybe I tried to change it too quickly when I first came in," said Bruce. :lol: "It was probably a mistake, in hindsight, but I'd rather play a back four."

That preference came to the fore against the Royals last weekend as Kyle Bartley returned alongside Semi Ajayi while Dara O'Shea shifted out to right-back on the opposite flank to Conor Townsend, who was moved back to a more natural full-back role. The early returns pleased the Albion boss.

“That is the way I’d like to go moving forward," Bruce admitted after the win. "We played that way in mind of next season when we start afresh. Whether that’s 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1 as we call it now, :lol: it’s something I am looking at."

So Bruce. 

Word for Word what he said when he did the same with us :lol:

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Shearer trying to say the only difference was how one handled the media. Fuck right off.

Just read that - absolutely bull shit from Shearer - complete and utter garbage and once again sticking up for his mate 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Just read that - absolutely bull shit from Shearer - complete and utter garbage and once again sticking up for his mate 

It’s just one little reply of a sound bite, the Chronicle making an article out of that man :lol:

Mind, other than Hope, Bruce was universally sucked off by most ‘journos’ and media pundits.

50 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s just one little reply of a sound bite, the Chronicle making an article out of that man :lol:

Mind, other than Hope, Bruce was universally sucked off by most ‘journos’ and media pundits.

True but he backed him throughout his time here and has made similar comments before - hopefully he never talks about his drinking mate again in this context! Laughable comments!

Poor Steve. He has all these brilliant ideas on tactics and formations, but try as he might, wherever he goes not one of his teams is capable of knowing what to do, or be able to play in a different style to the previous manager.

These players should all be ashamed as they really have let him down time and time again.

He's the unluckiest man in football.

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Poor Steve. He has all these brilliant ideas on tactics and formations, but try as he might, wherever he goes not one of his teams is capable of knowing what to do, or be able to play in a different style to the previous manager.

These players should all be ashamed as they really have let him down time and time again.

He's the unluckiest man in football.

Just like the OAPs have failed to use their bus passes to keep warm... what a way to let kindly old Boris down after all that work he says he did. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

What's this new fangled 4-2-3-1 he's talking about?  Is it one of those "front foot" tactics he's famous for?

4 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages, 3 eggs, 1 tin of beans. He’s on a diet!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The fact a paid manager has come out with that quote is absolutely insane. 

The cunt couldn’t even count to 11!

On 04/05/2022 at 08:42, Pixelphish said:

Will always defend his friend, unfortunately. 

Yeah but unfortunately [nope] will take that as gospel. Shearer should just keep his trap shut.