Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Add in the dropped points against Norwich, Brentford, Everton and Watford.

Indeed. I'm incredibly confident that if we played those 4 again, with the team as motivated, fit and well-drilled as Howe has them now, we'd get a lot more points.

I'm not surprised Longstaff was annoyed. Him and his brother had Bruce as their manager (or head coach, or whatever I am) right at a key point in their careers for over 2 years, just as they were breaking through. 

Who knows how they might have turned out if competently coached? Not saying they would have made it as world-beaters, but that's the point - we'll never know due to those wasted years.

Joelinton, for example, could well have ended up on the footballing scraphead altogether due to this loafing incompetent idiot.

Not only is he a thin-skinned, lazy, narcissistic, self pitying, greedy, talentless, thick, crass, lying, press-schmoozing bungler but he goes around destroying other people's careers, all seemingly without a hint of remorse.

40 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Indeed. I'm incredibly confident that if we played those 4 again, with the team as motivated, fit and well-drilled as Howe has them now, we'd get a lot more points.

Howe did make mistakes in those games, tbf.

42 minutes ago, Paully said:

His mates in the media have totally vanished - remember how he was getting the best out of our squad? Idiots!

A joke of a a manager and West Brom want shot with shit for hiring him!

Has turned into “saved by £100m”.

Completely unsurprising difference in standards from the walking sarnie (via the Mail):

Steve Bruce has demanded West Brom players live within an hour’s drive of the training ground and will extend the rule to potential new signings.

The former Newcastle boss was alarmed to discover several members of his squad live a significant distance from the club’s headquarters and wants to change that in time for next season.

He said: ‘I have told them all (they all have to be within an hour of the training ground). People are going to throw it at me and say: "Are you going to relocate from Cheshire?"

"But it doesn’t work with managers. When we sign a contract we usually get sacked. I have put forward what I would like to do next year – that is a rebuild of the squad."

:lol: Moving house to be closer to the ground for the three months he'll last next season.

Aye the commute is why they've gone from 5th to dogshit.

Thats genuinely worse than anything Pardew spouted, and that's saying something.

10 minutes ago, woody said:

Completely unsurprising difference in standards from the walking sarnie (via the Mail):

Steve Bruce has demanded West Brom players live within an hour’s drive of the training ground and will extend the rule to potential new signings.

The former Newcastle boss was alarmed to discover several members of his squad live a significant distance from the club’s headquarters and wants to change that in time for next season.

He said: ‘I have told them all (they all have to be within an hour of the training ground). People are going to throw it at me and say: "Are you going to relocate from Cheshire?"

"But it doesn’t work with managers. When we sign a contract we usually get sacked. I have put forward what I would like to do next year – that is a rebuild of the squad."

:)

13 minutes ago, woody said:

As usual its all about the others, not about him. Just horrible leadership in every way.

Guest HTT II
15 minutes ago, woody said:

‘Kin hell, he has no shame [emoji38]

Sounds like classic bullshit to make it look like you're onto something to scam your way by - like Strachan and his unmarried players, Poyet with his mystical identification of the mackems problem, Johnson with his clocks. Its so obviously bullshit when you look at it objectively.

59 minutes ago, woody said:

:lol: Taking our own allegiances out of the equation I think that could be one of the worst soundbites of his entire managerial career. 

1 hour ago, woody said:

Surely not? :mackems:

53 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

"When we sign a contract we usually get sacked."

He's so inspirational, I can't figure out why it's not working for him in management 

It’s working out fine for him. That’s the real scary part.

I wonder if he would have been making the same comment if PIF had bought the club from fat mike and said to him "we love what you're doing steve, we want you to stay our manager until we win the champions league.  Only one small wee point though, we'd like you to move to Newcastle".