/Freeze frame

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation…"

:lol:

2 hours ago, Ste said:

0_Michael-OBrien.jpg

/Record scratch

/Freeze frame

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation…"

Wah got arrested, but wah need to dust wa selves doon. Next time BLM are here we will rurrrl wa sleeves up. 

Ps. I'll be in Portugal 

On 04/05/2022 at 09:13, Paully said:

Just read that - absolutely bull shit from Shearer - complete and utter garbage and once again sticking up for his mate 

Such a brilliant player and an absolute king, but gosh I wish he wouldn’t speak.

Bruce acknowledged before the Reading match that the initial alteration was maybe made too fast and an error. "Maybe I tried to change it too quickly when I first came in," said Bruce.  "It was probably a mistake, in hindsight, but I'd rather play a back four."

That preference came to the fore against the Royals last weekend as Kyle Bartley returned alongside Semi Ajayi while Dara O'Shea shifted out to right-back on the opposite flank to Conor Townsend, who was moved back to a more natural full-back role. The early returns pleased the Albion boss.

“That is the way I’d like to go moving forward," Bruce admitted after the win. "We played that way in mind of nextseason when we start afresh. Whether that’s 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1 as we call it now,  it’s something I am looking at."

mLBZ67.gif

Edited by PauloGeordio

3 hours ago, STM said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00177lk/match-of-the-day-top-10-series-4-8-managerial-rivalries

18th minute to want to tear your eyes out and mush them into your phone.

Our greatest ever player is a complete moron.

What annoys me is that if Benitez had stayed on, spent £100+ like we did under Bruce and could only manage to match the previous two seasons with no improvement, he’d have got stick for it and rightly so.

Bruce came into a decent mid-table team where with a few tweaks could have been pushing top 8, even with the Ashley factor and made no improvement results wise and footballing wise took us way back.

Never really got on the Shearer worship train tbh, he was a great player but we never really saw the best of him I felt. Not sure if that was because he was slightly less explosive after his knee injury, or maybe we just didn't feed him as effectively as his Blackburn team mates did, where he looked sensational. He was always quite careful with his words as well, maybe the opposite of Keegan which made him a bit harder to get on board with.

He's good mates with Bruce and he puts a lot of importance on that, I can understand it. But it makes him a terrible pundit.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Never really got on the Shearer worship train tbh, he was a great player but we never really saw the best of him I felt. Not sure if that was because he was slightly less explosive after his knee injury, or maybe we just didn't feed him as effectively as his Blackburn team mates did, where he looked sensational. He was always quite careful with his words as well, maybe the opposite of Keegan which made him a bit harder to get on board with.

He's good mates with Bruce and he puts a lot of importance on that, I can understand it. But it makes him a terrible pundit.

206 goals in 405 appearances for us, despite career threatening and play altering injuries. The man talks shite about Bruce, and has done himself no favours with other off-field matters, but whilst on the pitch he was incomparable and a rightful NUFC and PL legend. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

:lol: that's enough forum for me today.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

:ructions:

Just now, ManDoon said:

Incredible player for us and legend. Absolutely terrible opinions. That’s my view on big Al.

He’s dangerous to have round the club giving opinions imo, one of the reasons Bruce stayed for the spurs game was because of him after the owners asked his opinion. 

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

TRon you've jumped the shark with this one. 

I've been here before with Shearer tbh, I know he was a great player, just don't think we saw the best of him. He needed a different type of service to be at full effectiveness, I know Man U fans who said if he'd been at Old Trafford he'd have really shone. I think it's because he was a great striker playing with too many ordinary players at Newcastle. We had some really good players but not a great team for a lot of the years he was here.