Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

I met him at a Sunderland talkin and he was fine but he detested Ashley, absolutely hated the bloke, to then take his money a few years later and actively protect and defend him tells you everything about Bruce's character.

Why did he hate him? 

(Remember when he had it in for the club cos the played 'daydream believer' over the PA when we beat the mackems 5-1 :lol:)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

13 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Why did he hate him? 

(Remember when he had it in for the club cos the played 'daydream believer' over the PA when we beat the mackems 5-1 :lol:)

Ashley and Lambshite did a dance in the directors box after that game Bruce had organised to play Who let the dogs out at the next match if they won.

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

Ashley and Lambshite did a dance in the directors box after that game Bruce had organised to play Who let the dogs out at the next match if they won.

Which of course, they didn't (Ryan taylor over the wall at the SoS).

45 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Why did he hate him? 

You can almost hear the cogs whirring in Ashley's brain........"ha, I'll have to get him as manager sometime, that'll wind the cunts up"......while he stroked his cat

21 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Actually the next game was Kevin Nolan and they fluked a stoppage time equalizer.

Yep, sure it literally bounced in off Gyan and this bellend ran up the touchline celebrating like they'd won the World Cup!

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Yep, sure it literally bounced in off Gyan and this bellend ran up the touchline celebrating like they'd won the World Cup!

Yep exactly. Kicked off a fair bit at full time in the ground a few minutes later. Guy in front of me got his head split open by a coin.

Guest HTT II

If you’re genuinely good pals with someone like Shearer is with Bruce then of course they are going to be lovely people to one another, Bruce is an absolute cunt, however. Just because he’s mate’s with Shearer doesn’t scream he can’t be that bad. 

40 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If you’re genuinely good pals with someone like Shearer is with Bruce then of course they are going to be lovely people to one another, Bruce is an absolute cunt, however. Just because he’s mate’s with Shearer doesn’t scream he can’t be that bad. 

Correct. Being personable and being nice are two very different things. I am sure he is very personable when you meet him and have a chat. However his actions tell a different story. 

8 minutes ago, Bintang said:

Correct. Being personable and being nice are two very different things. I am sure he is very personable when you meet him and have a chat. However his actions tell a different story. 

Absolutely. I always felt fat Mike probably seemed a canny lad if your only interaction with him was a lunchtime pint now and again.

On 25/05/2022 at 18:32, Mike said:

Honestly if you were 61, and dogshit at your job, but inexplicably minted, wouldn't you just go live on the beach? What's the fucking appeal for him.

He tried but people kept throwing water over him and trying to get him back in the sea

Edited by Bishops Finger

4 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Actually the next game was Kevin Nolan and they fluked a stoppage time equalizer.

Ah right, me old memory aint what it was. Thought it was the return fixture once Pardew had replaced Hughton, and forgot they still had Bruce the following season.

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Have wondered what his song of choice was. What's the purpose of this one and its reference to us? As a chant that started life as 'who let the monkey out' aimed at Peter Reid. This just typical Brucey witlessness and own-goaledness?

Also what kind of nice guy stews on a revenge song for months and oraganise the playing of it? seems like more the sort of thing a c*nt would do. Dont think Eddie coul care less about the songs Southampton played at half-time.

Edited by Wolfcastle

29 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Have wondered what his song of choice was. What's the purpose of this one and its reference to us? As a chant that started life as 'who let the monkey out' aimed at Peter Reid. This just typical Brucey witlessness and own-goaledness?

Also what kind of nice guy stews on a revenge song for months and oraganise the playing of it? seems like more the sort of thing a c*nt would do. Dont think Eddie coul care less about the songs Southampton played at half-time.

Bruce said it was to be aimed at Ashley which was loudly applauded by the Makems, a very load an obnoxious Eric Gates in particular loved it, Bruce lapped it up and was very pleased with himself 

10 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Yep exactly. Kicked off a fair bit at full time in the ground a few minutes later. Guy in front of me got his head split open by a coin.

Lad on our bus was on the front page of The Sun after that game.:lol:

12 hours ago, Ben said:

From what I remember he didn't reveal what the song was going to be until after he didn't get an opportunity to use it :lol: He was being coy "I've got a song lined up for when we win", waiting for the big reveal. At the away match we kept chanting "Brucey, what's your tune" or something along those lines. Mad that he became our own shit manager after all that.

On 26/05/2022 at 19:25, jack j said:

Let's be honest there's plenty horror stories of people meeting Shearer over the years

As someone who doesn’t live in Newcastle I’d love to hear more about this. I’ve always imagined Shearer to be a decent bloke - is he a bit of a shit?