Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

They were all quite certain Targett wasn't coming back. They didn't touch on why.

Because they don’t know :lol:

I’m incredibly sceptical of sports reporters, probably too much TBH. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I always thought Caulkin and Shearer played a major part in Bruce being allowed to take the Spurs game.

GC for sure said the owners had sought his opinion on Bruce. Presumably Shearer too.

59 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

What's the craic with Caulkin like? Few year ago he was NO wank material.

Too much Bruce love clouded his objectivity 

First line: “Bruce said: "Eddie’s had a lot more money to spend than I ever did….”

Just fuck off: “I just hope that, a few years down the line, some of those supporters who never wanted me will look back at my time in charge and say ‘under the circumstances, Brucey didn’t do too bad a job after all’.”

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

First line: “Bruce said: "Eddie’s had a lot more money to spend than I ever did….”

Just fuck off: “I just hope that, a few years down the line, some of those supporters who never wanted me will look back at my time in charge and say ‘under the circumstances, Brucey didn’t do too bad a job after all’.”

Clicked on the link

Was about to click on the article link but thought I'd read some comments 1st

read those two

binned it off

Bloke is an absolute horror show

There's more

“I was under no illusions whatsoever when I arrived at Newcastle,” he told FourFourTwo. “I was becoming part of an unpopular regime and knew I’d be associated with Mike Ashley from day one. And I was replacing Rafael Benitez, who was loved by the fans. 

"So I expected criticism and yes, some of it was justified. We weren’t pleasing on the eye a lot of the time and there were periods when we really struggled. But the ridicule and the mockery crossed a line. It did hurt me and it upset my family, too.

"After my first match, I was accused of throwing on a substitute and telling him to play where he wanted – then the next week, someone said I didn’t know how to properly warm up the team. I was even accused of giving the squad too much time off so I could go off on holiday! Criticism is one thing, but on occasions it got very personal and showed a basic lack of respect." 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He did a fucking terrible job, what an absolute weapon. 

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

There's more

“I was under no illusions whatsoever when I arrived at Newcastle,” he told FourFourTwo. “I was becoming part of an unpopular regime and knew I’d be associated with Mike Ashley from day one. And I was replacing Rafael Benitez, who was loved by the fans. 

"So I expected criticism and yes, some of it was justified. We weren’t pleasing on the eye a lot of the time and there were periods when we really struggled. But the ridicule and the mockery crossed a line. It did hurt me and it upset my family, too.

"After my first match, I was accused of throwing on a substitute and telling him to play where he wanted – then the next week, someone said I didn’t know how to properly warm up the team. I was even accused of giving the squad too much time off so I could go off on holiday! Criticism is one thing, but on occasions it got very personal and showed a basic lack of respect." 

In the last paragraph he’s pointed out criticism but never said it was incorrect.

Crossed the line FFS. He’s lucky to be alive :lol:

Pure arrogance - I can do as shit job as I like and suffer absolutely no consequences. Except a massive pay off of course. 

Delete this thread. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Wanker!

What a master stroke this man was by Ashley, bringing in someone so detestable, that all the bullshit and deception he caused over 13 years was deflected on to this other professional parasite.

My level of hatred for Bruce is way more than Mike Ashley, doesn’t make much sense when you compare the two of them and what they’ve done to the club but I’ll stand by it. 

Well done Brucey, these interviews will have tipped the few holdouts. The hatred of this steaming pile of shite in Newcastle is now unanimous. What a horror show of a human being.