Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

25 minutes ago, bigfella said:

God, this is awful.

Always makes me laugh when the pundits go on about how hard the Championship is.

The standard is fuckin shit, it's just a bit of a slog due to the sheer amount of games.

Spot on this. Fucking awful league

27 minutes ago, bigfella said:

God, this is awful.

Always makes me laugh when the pundits go on about how hard the Championship is.

The standard is fuckin shit, it's just a bit of a slog due to the sheer amount of games.

Something that Rafa identified and managed from day one. Used a lot of players, rotated them and ended the season strong.

You can hear the sound of the penny dropping:

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager

The top management at the club seems to have opted for experience: mature players and a very mature manager whose ideas come from a different age.   The game is being played in a different way with different refereeing, pace, rule changes and foreign influences to when the likes of Bruce and Allardyce started out.
We have an analogue manager in a digital world of football.

« Reply #712 on: Today at 04:39:05 PM »

When he was appointed, I didn't like his 'throw away' comment  when he said he said "yes, i'll have a crack at that" who does he think he is. I see after Newcastle beat Brentford on Saturday, Ryan Fraser in his interview said "the new manager has made a difference by changing everything. We know who the previous manager was, don't we.

Watched Eddie’s Football Focus interview earlier, discussing the likes of Fraser, Richie and Wilson giving him an advantage with the dressing room by telling the lads about his expectations and what he’ll do for their careers and the club if they buy into his methods.

Wonder what AC has said to the West Brom guys?