Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Funnily enough he passed on a squad to Howe that wasn't fit for purpose either. I've got no sympathy for the obnoxious wanker, now he knows how every other manager who's has to follow him has felt, sifting through the shambles he's always left behind. He's a gormless fucking fraud, always was, always will be. 

28 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Comments fairly full with West Brom fans agreeing with Madeley

Mental how solid the Steve block is. They go to the fucking mat for each other. Mikes could never.

Tbf I get the bloke's point. Bruce can be shite and also take a shite job. I don't watch West Brom, but I assume the previous bloke was under performing by quite a bit if being in the playoffs is considered a failure.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Mental how solid the Steve block is. They go to the fucking mat for each other. Mikes could never.

Why'd he take the toxic job on then eh? Oh, easy money, that's why. If he fails, it's 'not his fault'. As always.

West Brom fans who want to give him a chance will soon learn. Again, the British football insight that is look at the tip of the iceberg without dipping into the wider context and details on managers is here rearing it's ugly head again. "Finished 12th and 13th with Newcastle, same/better than Benitez, kept them up" is a prime example and unfortunately a common take. But we've gone over this plenty of times.

Fuck him. Howe has shown him up in more ways than one: as a manager and coach, how he conducts himself in the media and to the fans and how he is on the touchline. But tbh, I don't want to talk about Bruce. He's gone and thank god he is. The only time I ever want to be concerned about what this bell end does is if he ever is managing the opposition against us. Until then, I'm in bliss forgetting he exists, such the impact of Howe and the takeover has been.

(Edit: BTW, I do find our fans replying and obsessing over every update, tweet or result from WBA a bit sad. Move on.)

Edited by HaydnNUFC

6 hours ago, Thiago said:

Tbf I get the bloke's point. Bruce can be shite and also take a shite job. I don't watch West Brom, but I assume the previous bloke was under performing by quite a bit if being in the playoffs is considered a failure.

But a football pundit saying he 'cannot help but feel sorry for Bruce' is absurd. He gets paid to talk about football and researching Bruce's career isn't too hard.

I haven't read the article so it might not be reflective of that, but the tweet is stupid.

This sort of shit annoys me. Any potential manager coming in has hours of football to watch and analyse the players plus I'm sure access to the training stats.

They go in eyes wide open and if they fail its because they're shite or they didn't bother doing any due diligence so didn't realise the scale of the job. Either way, no sympathy.

Lets be honest, Bruce probably fails on both of those points.

2 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

This sort of shit annoys me. Any potential manager coming in has hours of football to watch and analyse the players plus I'm sure access to the training stats.

They go in eyes wide open and if they fail its because they're shite or they didn't bother doing any due diligence so didn't realise the scale of the job. Either way, no sympathy.

Lets be honest, Bruce probably fails on both of those points.

Completely agree.   Fucking press does my head in.  Bet if that was Rafa (insert name of another) that went to West Brom they'd already be writing pieces about how he should be sacked.   

In this day and age with VHS and cordless phones there's no excuse for a manager to go in to a job and not have a fucking clue what he/she is getting in to.

I'm quite sure bruce didn't even watch film of us whilst he was our manager let alone watching 'other' teams.  :lol:

Edited by ScottishMagpie

With everything going on in the world right now, it’s actually Steve Bruce we should feel sorry for.

You know, that millionaire bloke who just knowingly accepted another multimillion pound job with the only consequence of failure being another million pound payoff.

Blimey, he’s got it so tough.

I get that any fans when their club has appointed a bad manager want to cling to the hope that it was just a case of the manager's face not fitting at the last place and the fans were delusional etc... However West Brom have literally been here before, hiring one of our shithouse managers in Pardew. They should know better than most club's fans that we know what we're talking about when it comes to bad managers having already been proven correct once before.

Edited by Skeletor

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I get that any fans when their club has appointed a bad manager want to cling to the hope that it was just a case of the manager's face not fitting at the last place and the fans were delusional etc... However West Brom have literally been here before, hiring one of our shithouse managers in Pardew. They should know better than most club's fans that we know what we're talking about when it comes to bad managers having already been proven correct once before.

They are the PFM failure clubhouse.

That's:

Pulis

Pardew

Fat sham

Bacon head

Who've all been there and failed.

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

But a football pundit saying he 'cannot help but feel sorry for Bruce' is absurd. He gets paid to talk about football and researching Bruce's career isn't too hard.

I haven't read the article so it might not be reflective of that, but the tweet is stupid.

Nailed it. I am not going to have a go at West Brom fans for being clueless, most of them probably just look at his 12th and 13th finishes and think he's done a good job at Newcastle. The real problem is the experts, the football writers who are paid big money by national newspapers to give a more considered view. They seem to be thicker than most fans tbh, it's hard to figure out what makes them qualified as experts.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nailed it. I am not going to have a go at West Brom fans for being clueless, most of them probably just look at his 12th and 13th finishes and think he's done a good job at Newcastle. The real problem is the experts, the football writers who are paid big money by national newspapers to give a more considered view. They seem to be thicker than most fans tbh, it's hard to figure out what makes them qualified as experts.

To be honest most fans are fucking thick, it’s all about demographs, the scum for example, NOTW, the daily hate, their success is owed to how dumb their customers were/are. Same with Sky and Talk Shite and we see it with our own fans listening to podcasts by the likes of Wraith. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I think because they have to be 'in the know' about football and all teams in general, they can't go into the nuances and depths of details that fans can, who only care and focus on their own team. They become a bit of a generalist and resort to stereotypes and general cliches instead of knowing the word on the street. 

That and also they are often in place due to their career as ex-footballers - they are not exactly blessed with intelligence or high level of education so that might be at play too

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

To be honest most fans are fucking thick, it’s all about demographs, the scum for example, NOTW, the daily hate, their success is owed to how dumb their customers were/are. Same with Sky and Talk Shite and we see it with our own fans listening to podcasts by the likes of Wraith. 

Would like to disagree with you, but sadly some of the most popular podcasts/shows on youtube seem to have the thickest hosts. They aren't entirely stupid either, some of them have big opinions, but big opinions based on half knowledge is worse than no opinion tbh.

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

I think because they have to be 'in the know' about football and all teams in general, they can't go into the nuances and depths of details that fans can, who only care and focus on their own team. They become a bit of a generalist and resort to stereotypes and general cliches instead of knowing the word on the street. 

That and also they are often in place due to their career as ex-footballers - they are not exactly blessed with intelligence or high level of education so that might be at play too

Yes I get that with pundits, I don't really have high expectations from Paul Merson or Clint Morrison, fair enough they are just ex-pros. I was really talking more about the football journalists who write for the national newspapers. How many other than Craig Hope actually called Bruce out as a useless oaf?