Newcastle United vs. Brighton and Hove Albion: 05/03/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

14 minutes ago, peder said:

Prolly stupid question, but who is on penalties with wilson and ritchie out?

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Joelinton or probably more likely Willock?

When we won the penalty against Villa, Wood was waiting to take it before it went to VAR

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hope Howe brings Manquillo back for this one as well, don’t fancy Cucerella up against Krafth

Cucerella may end up in a back three if they go that way. They're short at the back.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Cucerella may end up in a back three if they go that way. They're short at the back.

Who’s been playing on the left if he’s cb? Would be a huge boost for us if he is played cb as I really rate him.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

When we won the penalty against Villa, Wood was waiting to take it before it went to VAR

I saw that and thought it was weird. I want to say the last time we had a pen with both Wilson and Ritchie out it was Schar who took it. Maybe they're doing everything they can to get Wood that first goal.

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I saw that and thought it was weird. I want to say the last time we had a pen with both Wilson and Ritchie out it was Schar who took it. Maybe they're doing everything they can to get Wood that first goal.

Was he not Burnley’s penalty taker ?

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would say that having Murphy on the left will be helpful defensively up against Lamptey 

I don't disagree but I'd rather concentrate on what we can do to them.

I think we are all scarred by what Lamptey did to us previously.

Having watched Eddie’s interview earlier and the shape of the team change to 4-2-3-1 when Bruno came on against Brentford, there’s a chance we could see Longstaff and Bruno on as the “2” for say last 10 minutes, as a practice for the away games coming up. Will be interesting to see

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would say that having Murphy on the left will be helpful defensively up against Lamptey 

murphy is much better on the right and fraser was a match winner from the left against brentford. 

fraser will cover his full back if he has to and he's quicker than murphy.

dont change it.

I appreciate the sentiment but I feel like this will only serve to highlight the double standard at play. We have ties to a country that is bombing Yemen so unless we suddenly start showing solidarity to them it's hollow.

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I appreciate the sentiment but I feel like this will only serve to highlight the double standard at play. We have ties to a country that is bombing Yemen so unless we suddenly start showing solidarity to them it's hollow.

Hmmm all very thought provoking but can I ask..............Whats this got to do with Wor Flags or Wood as a penalty taker?