Newcastle United vs. Brighton and Hove Albion: 05/03/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

So the only times we have beaten these recently was in the Championship? Shelvey free kick at home and Ayoze's last minute winner away?

Aye.

Had a few draws down there. As shit as we were, we would have won this season if their keeper didn’t take Wilson out. 

I'm down from Glasgow next weekend for my first game in about 10 years, absolutely buzzing to experience the place post fat-man.

Any good pre and post boozing spots to target booking? Heard the Trent house is decent for a few.

Edited by DoricGinola

Guest neesy111
Just now, DoricGinola said:

I'm down from Glasgow next weekend for my first game in about 10 years, absolutely buzzing to experience the place post fat-man.

Any good pre and post boozing spots to target?

Pink lane.

Think Eddie Howe's words about Joelinton and Willock needing to score goals from their positions is really good player management, he's clearly still pushing to get even more out of some of these players which is great to see. They will both be full of confidence in front of goal, which in Joelinton's case could make an absolutely huge difference

I'm also hopeful that Al Rumayyan might make another appearance, will be nice for him to see the difference from only a couple of months ago

Edited by Sean

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This has all the feeling of being one of those confident home wins you get as part of a good run. Because they're so rare for us, Reading 07/08 and Stoke 11/12 at home come to mind as the last two times I had that feeling. :lol:

Cabaye's assist to Cisse in that game still mesmerises me. :lol:

But aye. Huddersfield (h) in 2018-19 is another home win I remember being really confident of. Think we'll finally do this lot. 2 or 3-0.

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Cabaye's assist to Cisse in that game still mesmerises me. :lol:

But aye. Huddersfield (h) in 2018-19 is another home win I remember being really confident of. Think we'll finally do this lot. 2 or 3-0.

It was arguably the point the wave broke for how good the football was to watch that season. Cabaye's pass, Ben Arfa's trap and pass, then him doing 3 of their players on the edge of our box, us completely dominating. That match and Liverpool at home were a proper joy to watch like, just winning with pure positivity.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was arguably the point the wave broke for how good the football was to watch that season. Cabaye's pass, Ben Arfa's trap and pass, then him doing 3 of their players on the edge of our box, us completely dominating. That match and Liverpool at home were a proper joy to watch like, just winning with pure positivity.

Spurs got beat at QPR just after- remember watching it at the pub- which was a massive result in our chase for the CL. One of those perfect days, and yes all the better for how expected the win was before its being duly delivered. 

Good chance we will have a bench with Bruno, ASM, Manquillo and Lascelles on Saturday. :lol:

All of us would bring ASM straight in for Murphy but I'm not sure Howe will.

Will be great to see him and Bruno blast Brighton in the second half.

Brighton supporting friend of mine is coming up for this. He's one of them 'Newcastle fans sold their morals and support war criminals' lot

Be nice to send him back with 0 points.

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Brighton supporting friend of mine is coming up for this. He's one of them 'Newcastle fans sold their morals and support war criminals' lot

Are you out with him beforehand ? If not recommend the Garter and the Clock to him.

12 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Why's he giving them money then?