Newcastle United 2 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion (05/03/2022)

Yorkie

Second half shouldn't have ever been this stressful if Murphy shooting wasn't so erectile dysfunction and brain being porridge

Shelvey really does not have the engine to play at this level against high intensity good at keeping possession sides like Brighton

Bruno has to start against Southampton, we were lucky for this to not end 2-2

1 minute ago, TBG said:

The mental gymnastics some would've gone through there if Bruno hadn't got the foul go his way

Are you getting upset about an imaginary scenario there? Mental gymnastics of your own? 

Horrific, sloppy, stressful match to watch, but 3 points is 3 points and it puts a fair chunk of daylight between us and the bottom 3 going into some tough games.

Wasn't pretty, probably fortunate, but when you're on a run those games go for you.

Dreadful second half, in honesty Brighton dominated the game.

Results elsewhere were fantastic, and the 3 points have made the table really good to us.

Howe is on a really good run here.

Every credit to him and the team.

Guest reefatoon

Over the moon with the three points and it’s great to see us able to win ugly too. But man, that second half was fucking awful. Lots of underperforming players and I thought our midfield was piss poor today. Pleased as fuck to come out of that with a win.

Just now, Yorkie said:

ASM was absolutely terrible like. :lol: Thick as fuck. Thought Bruno was good and made a positive difference. 

Other than that, we've Schar and Burn to thank for those points. 

Agree although I thought Joelinton and Fraser were both decent as well.

Get the fuck in huge win. :frantic: 

Very unconvicting and probably the worst we've played during this run we're on, but confidence and the crowd got us over the line. Its that sort of match that if we where going for the title, commentary would be saying its "the sign of champions", but the 3 points are all that matter at this point. 

3 home wins on the trot, 18 points from 8 and unbeaten in that time.

Howay the fucking lads.

Fucking hell. I could feel the grey hairs sprouting. 

Bruno has a set of bollocks on him too. This felt like arguably our worst performance of this run but to have the fortune and bottle to see it out is truly massive. 

I know we were poor but you have to remember we're about 3 months into how Eddie Howe wants us to play. Potter has had a two year head start. We're going to get games like this. Just grateful we saw it out. They didn't really threaten too much and we still had 2 or 3 of the clearer chances.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

ASM getting grief ffs. Some shit never changes.

He gave the onus back to them basically every time he had the ball! I love him but Christ his decision making is a pile of shite at times.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Beren said:

ASM getting grief ffs. Some shit never changes.

He wasn’t great though was he. Left loads of space and put pressure on Targett. It’s ok to say he was poor you know. Players have bad games.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Bruno was dreadful tbh.

Thought he was good bar one needless flick myself. Although he's way to calm on the ball for my liking :lol: