Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

Sorry if it's been covered and a bit of an aside to the more serious conversations but if they are going to allow the sale who will decide the price? Now the owner has effectively been removed. Will it be the govt that decides on an acceptable price? If it goes for 'cheap' I can see Spurs and Liverpool being very unhappy, as the buyer will then have extra funds to invest in the team. 

14 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Sorry if it's been covered and a bit of an aside to the more serious conversations but if they are going to allow the sale who will decide the price? Now the owner has effectively been removed. Will it be the govt that decides on an acceptable price? If it goes for 'cheap' I can see Spurs and Liverpool being very unhappy, as the buyer will then have extra funds to invest in the team. 

The Premier league could introduce a fair price policy.:D

I know John Pilger's seen as enemy of the state, and there's probably good reason for it, but it's journalists like him who down the years have provided the other side of the story to the spoon fed stuff we are usually fed on national television.

10 minutes ago, peder said:

Anyone else find it wierd the saudi gov would let an saudi company buy an rival?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/saudi-media-chelsea-takeover-bid-keep-rudiger-rebuild/blt3867c8c4c58996a9

This has all come from a Chelsea reporter from within Goal, sounds like a “let’s make the fans feel better with a story I’ve made up”

The bloke who heads Saudi Media just so happens to support Chelsea.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

This has all come from a Chelsea reporter from within Goal, sounds like a “let’s make the fans feel better with a story I’ve made up”

The bloke who heads Saudi Media just so happens to support Chelsea.

Is he still allowed to support Chelsea?😂

44 minutes ago, peder said:

Anyone else find it wierd the saudi gov would let an saudi company buy an rival?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/saudi-media-chelsea-takeover-bid-keep-rudiger-rebuild/blt3867c8c4c58996a9

If Saudi government were to intervene then they would be in control of Newcastle, and conditions of PIFs aquisitiion of Newcastle breached, so no, it wouldn't be weird if they let a private group/person from SA buy Chelsea.

55 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Saudi government were to intervene then they would be in control of Newcastle, and conditions of PIFs aquisitiion of Newcastle breached, so no, it wouldn't be weird if they let a private group/person from SA buy Chelsea.

Essentially, they’re going to buy every Premier League team through proxies and give us all a turn at winning it thereby creating a football utopia

2 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

Essentially, they’re going to buy every Premier League team through proxies and give us all a turn at winning it thereby creating a football utopia

That's the day I have a lost my interest in the game called football. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Will be obvious when they have to forfeit every match against NUFC due to, unforeseen circumstances.

So the Premier League disqualified Abramovich from ever being a director of a football club again, which caused all of the Chelsea fans to suddenly become huge advocates towards raising awareness of human rights breaches in Saudi Arabia. 

tumblr_moqd6lzalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

12 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I took Mearsheimer to be pro trump from here: https://lobelog.com/bacevich-and-mearsheimer-on-year-one-of-the-trump-administration/

And I took Pilger to be pro trump from his comments here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Pilger#Comments_about_Donald_Trump_and_Hillary_Clinton

Did you read the first article?

Quote:  "I agree completely, and that’s why I was arguing that Trump’s incompetence, which reflects his inability to concentrate on substantive issues and to talk about those issues in rational, legal language, is a cause of great trouble. You have an individual who is pursuing policies that are fundamentally flawed, and he’s doing it in an incompetent way."

20 minutes ago, bobloblaw said:

Did you read the first article?

Quote:  "I agree completely, and that’s why I was arguing that Trump’s incompetence, which reflects his inability to concentrate on substantive issues and to talk about those issues in rational, legal language, is a cause of great trouble. You have an individual who is pursuing policies that are fundamentally flawed, and he’s doing it in an incompetent way."

Yes - I thought he was sympathetic to the problems that Trump faced in trying to change things while acknowledging his flaws - at least thats how I read it.