Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle United (10/03/2022)

Disco

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I kept thinking it was Friday and I had a weekend enjoying football knowing we’d got a Friday night result only to realise we have bloody Chelsea on Sunday.

Bring em on, man! 

I remember that game at Sheffield United when shelvey scored that stupid goal that should have obviously never been allowed but which would probably be in my top fifty Newcastle goals. Now last night, which was ace. Any other Thursday domestic games I’m forgetting?

Edited by Hovagod

Cannot be understated how big a win this was, Southampton only beaten once at home this season, a goal down and we've only managed to turn 1 game around all season, when their goal went in the result felt inevitable, maybe we could scrape a draw? The belief and mental fortitude of this team has seen a miracle change, we were against the ropes and taking a pummelling, we came out that second half and soaked it up, took our chance and looked the better side at times. Absolutely delighted with the performance when we've got so many of our better players out too. Chelsea seems a step too far, but I wouldn't put it past this team to grind out a draw.

You can tell he's doing it under duress but when Big Dan Burn says "pull me finger!" (no, not that one) to unleash everything Blyth has to offer on an unfortunate, unsuspecting Che Adams, Joe Willock proves he's a team player. 

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Thought willock was immense last night. Constant energy and forward thinking, buying fouls, hassling, defending. Love to see it 

Should have done better with his chance, but you could see he knew that as well. He's been great for us on this run and another player that has thrived under Howe. 

Half Time music choice at St Marys last night,

the Saints DJ’s half-time playlist 

‘Money Talks’, ‘Dirty Cash’, ‘Loaded’, ‘Price Tag’, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ and ‘Money, Money, Money’ 

Very Bitter from the Saints. After match pitch irrigation provided by Ralph Hasenhuttl’s tears.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Thought willock was immense last night. Constant energy and forward thinking, buying fouls, hassling, defending. Love to see it 

He’s better off the ball, when he plays on the break, on the cusp of things, nicking the ball, intercepting, knocking it past players and chasing down. He’s a frustrating player who I can’t peg in terms of his best position, what type of player he is, can be, or isn’t etc. He’s clearly talented though.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

‘Money Talks’, ‘Dirty Cash’, ‘Loaded’, ‘Price Tag’, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ and ‘Money, Money, Money’ 

Very Bitter from the Saints. After match pitch irrigation provided by Ralph Hasenhuttl’s tears.

Think it’s class personally, or rather good humoured.

4 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

I often forget that Southampton are owned by a local lad who pulled them up through the Football League on a window cleaners budget like.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It still makes me laugh when Bruce got smashed up here and he was so pressed about us playing the “cheer up Stevie Bruce” song. Good times 

Was that the 5-1 v SAFC you're referencing?

He had "Who let the dogs out" ready to be played at the SoL in the return game had they won (1-1 game, Gyan equaliser), in reference to comments made by Shepherd & Hall about Geordie women. (source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-manager-steve-bruce-wants-3335713)

But then I remembered that Bruce ALWAYS keeps his dignity, ALWAYS remains professional, and was on the end of personal abuse during his time at the NUFC, so there's absolutely no way he'd have done this. None at all. Not one bit.

The fat cunt.

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

For all their faults, didn't Ashley and Llambias not go into the bar afterwards dancing about? :lol:

Seem to remember serial crybaby Niall Quinn whinging about it.

I thought that was Mort dancing in? Which is a funny mental picture on its own.