Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

Not sure why people are whinging about the bench. Has arguably our best player on it, our player of the month on it and a recent 1st team regular on it. We can only make 3 Subs 🙂

4 hours ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Wtf. All over that

I wouldn’t- just subscribed to sky sports so will be watching every match I can from now on including this one so expect us to lose as I don’t have the best of luck

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Literally took 40 minutes for them to mention us and then they cut straight to a break 😂

Give it a year or two and it’ll be us who get the most airtime 

Edited by LV

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Back 4 of Targett, Burn, Lascelles and Manquillo being drilled there. Maybe Schar will assume the Shelvey role ?

Or he tweaked his groin again in the warm up 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Back 4 of Targett, Burn, Lascelles and Manquillo being drilled there. Maybe Schar will assume the Shelvey role ?

I know we’ve talked about Schar being pushed into a DM role given his ability on the ball, but has it happened before? Would be…interesting, though I don’t know if this would be the game to try it out. :lol:

Setting up to not lose, with hope of nicking a goal. Here’s hoping they wear themselves out on our ‘shield wall’. A long distance screamer, or two,  from Bruno or Longstaff or a set-piece header from Wood or Lascelles is what I’m choosing to hope for. Howay the lads! 

Some twat on radio i listened to while driving banging on about how wise Newcastle were to not listen to the newcastle fans who all wanted us to sign big name marquee signings and instead signed sensibly. Newcastle fans are not fucking stupid. Jesus. How that wasn't called out. 

Edited by Tiresias

2 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I know we’ve talked about Schar being pushed into a DM role given his ability on the ball, but has it happened before? Would be…interesting, though I don’t know if this would be the game to try it out. :lol:

I'm sure he played there against City and 1 other team, he was as expected shite

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This isn’t just a question for you, but when was the last game he played well? And by well, I mean he was one of our standout players and genuinely influenced the game. Cannot remember myself 

I'm a bit stumped too. But I just have a gut feeling that he can be the major beneficiary of the spirit of optimism that's going through the club at the moment. 

Ever since he broke into the team, things seems to have all gone off the rails for him - injury, a rumoured falling-out with Bruce which may have involved his Dad, a local lad having to deal with all the negativity around the club - who knows. But he can now put that behind him.

Mind you, Chelsea's bench is frightening, let alone their starting XI.