Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Always forget how good that first goal, because of the absurdity of the second :lol: 

Would loved to have seen Santon in this current setup.  

18 minutes ago, 54 said:

Always forget how good that first goal, because of the absurdity of the second :lol: 

I was in Sammy Jacks for that game with about 300 other people. Never seen a reaction to a goal like his second in that game outside of 1-4 at the SOL. Everyone lost it [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I don't advocate gambling, but our chances of winning are better than that.

Chelsea have played mostly away recently, but have drawn three of their last four home games.

Everton (Rafa) 1-1, Brighton 1-1, Liverpool 2-2, and then Spurs 2-0

Big Dan Burn played for Brighton in that game (against Lukaku) and it sounds like they were unlucky not to win. 18 vs 11 shots and they hit the woodwork.

i think it’s about right 

Strange feeling. For the first time in absolutely ages, well since the takeover anyway (due to the apathy preceding that), this doesn't really feel like a big match, and more of a free hit. I obviously hope we win, or at least extend the run to 10 matches (and end the season strongly), but there's definitely much less pressure than in previous matches.

Edited by Paullow

37 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I don't advocate gambling, but our chances of winning are better than that.

Chelsea have played mostly away recently, but have drawn three of their last four home games.

Everton (Rafa) 1-1, Brighton 1-1, Liverpool 2-2, and then Spurs 2-0

Big Dan Burn played for Brighton in that game (against Lukaku) and it sounds like they were unlucky not to win. 18 vs 11 shots and they hit the woodwork.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-newcastle/winner

Our odds are coming in a fair bit now, so presumably a fair few with the same mindset and additional money going on the away win. The markets opened nearer 10/1 and 19/2 (9.5/1), but as short as 13/2 at some places at the moment (blue means shortening, pink means drifting).

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Don't think I've ever known a player be offside as much as him not sure if he actually knew the rules 😂

This was actually a bit of a myth, his ‘offside record’ is actually no worse than quite a few strikers. For example:

Cisse - 106 offsides in 117 appearances 

Wood - 160 offsides in 162 appearances

Vardy - 246 offsides in 263 appearances

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This was actually a bit of a myth, his ‘offside record’ is actually no worse than quite a few strikers. For example:

Cisse - 106 offsides in 117 appearances 

Wood - 160 offsides in 162 appearances

Vardy - 246 offsides in 263 appearances

Guess the manner of the offsides matter as well though they weren't like close calls and almost beating the offside trap with a clever run which I'm guessing a lot of Vardys are. Was regular just blatantly offside.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Guess the manner of the offsides matter as well though they weren't like close calls and almost beating the offside trap with a clever run which I'm guessing a lot of Vardys are. Was regular just blatantly offside.

Precisely this, the stats mean nothing here. His reading of the play and where he needed to be was absurdly bad for a striker, he was saved by his ability to strike a ball unbelievably well instinctively