Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 13/03/2022 @ 14:00 (Sky)

LRD

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Unavoidable, 2 are ill and one is injured 

Yeah but it's still a kick in the nackers. I suppose this game is one we probably wouldn't have got a win from anyway, even a point would have been a good result.

Shows our lack of depth and the requirement to invest again, which I'm sure we will.

The aim now for me has to be getting rid of the likes of Clark, Lascelles, Longstaff, Fernandez, Murphy, Almiron etc and replacing them with quality XI, so that players like Schar/Burn can be our 3rd choice CB. The same as Shelvey in CM.

Edited by BlazeT44

If Shelvey and Willock are out with illness, not sure what else he could have done then play a back 3, and if thats the case, Fraser has needed a rest for a while so might as well get it out the way in this game.

After seeing that lineup, I rescind all comments about 9-1 odds being generous and us not conceding three.

Iin Eddie we trust, but many fringe players in there and not a lot of threat. It looks like this match is being written off to have a full go at Everton.

If Howe wins this I'd be massively impressed. It's definitely many times harder without Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Schar and ASM... although we may seem ASM come off the bench for last 20 I suppose.

We'd need to see Almiron, Longstaff and Lascelles put in their best shifts to even come close to the form of the people they are stepping in for.

Very interesting line-up. Midfield three not even on the bench. I enjoy watching Joelinton more against the big teams when he can physically man-handle some superstars but oh well. [emoji38]

Dont really mind if we rest half the team against these. If we are still in it late on i suppose we can bring on Maxi and try get something.

3 minutes ago, Stottie said:

After seeing that lineup, I rescind all comments about 9-1 odds being generous and us not conceding three.

Iin Eddie we trust, but many fringe players in there and not a lot of threat. It looks like this match is being written off to have a full go at Everton.

Agree with this.

Everton is the match that we should be aiming to win. I would have hated if any of those missing today played and then got injured for Everton or even longer.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

If Howe wins this I'd be massively impressed. It's definitely many times harder without Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Schar and ASM... although we may seem ASM come off the bench for last 20 I suppose.

We'd need to see Almiron, Longstaff and Lascelles put in their best shifts to even come close to the form of the people they are stepping in for.

Schar is playing mate. Point stands though.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Load of illness flying around like.  Worrying.

The squad has been essentially stuck together since the Southampton match haven't they? Sure Howe said they weren't going to travel home, so no surprise it is spreading.