Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

Got faith in Eddie and the lads for this one like. We will be bang up for it, full away end ripping the piss out of T Rex for 90 minutes.

Hope we get an early goal and turn their crowd toxic. Not that it takes much. 

Shows how much attention I paid during Bruce and behind-closed-doors-ball because I can recall absolutely nothing about last season's victory. Nothing.

The entire period of covid football should come with a massive asterisk, it really wasn't the same sport.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Shows how much attention I paid during Bruce and behind-closed-doors-ball because I can recall absolutely nothing about last season's victory. Nothing.

The entire period of covid football should come with a massive asterisk, it really wasn't the same sport.

Same. They mentioned a win at Burnley last season during comms for the game earlier and I have no recollection of us even going to Turf Moor last year. 

Used to annoy me when people went on about Man U's record breaking away record when most of the games were behind closed doors.

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Wasn't is the first game of Graham jones' involvement when it seemed like he'd changed everything overnight.

Last game before the break! Would be great to win this convincingly but any win will do really. Just need to go off on our training camp in good spirits and well withing touching distance of the teams above us.

Hopefully after the break everyone will be back to full fitness and we can begin our new unbeaten run till the end of the season. :cool:

Everton are there for the taking, just concerned we're getting to the point where we have just one too many injuries to function properly. One injury to Wood or Targett/Burn in the next day or two and we look so much weaker.

Edited by Mazzy

Play like we did yesterday, and we will be too much for them. Frazer and ASM back in. Hoping big Joe and Willock are back as will make a massive difference.  We were totally robbed yesterday but we need to get over it, and use it as a motivating factor for this.

Goodison should be absolutely electric under the lights. After this they have West Ham (a), Man United (h), Palace (h), Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h) so they desperately need points from this.

That said if we weather the early storm things should get nervy, if we score early it might even get toxic.

If I were Howe, I'd have the full dark arts play book out in first 15 to slow the game down. If you can't keep the ball, take your time with goal kicks, thrown ins, etc. Break up play with plenty of free kicks. If we kill any early momentum and silence the crowd, we should get something.

As always, a small seed of doubt lingers. But in reality, we're a much better side, have a far better manager, and their place is toxic as fuck. Hopefully ASM is back properly and fancies tormenting them again.