Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

I'd be disappointed not to get a win out of this one, certainly what we should be going for at least. Although the case is weakened with the players we've lost. 

They'll be out for revenge as well, but I think we've got enough in the tank to get something. 

Really depends on the lineup we can put out. 

I’d take a draw if offered for the reasons Yorkie said, just so we can guarantee that our form doesn’t become losing. 

But it’s not what we should be aiming for, they’re more than beatable. 

We're the form side to beat, Everton in full disarray and hemorrhaging goals and points, I think at this point I'll feel a little deflated at a single goal victory. We need to bounce back from the Chelsea injustice and I hope we put these to the sword.

Bloody hell, seeing that and reading Grand Old Team, they absolutely hate the players. It’s not just the owner, they hate so many of their players. I’ve had times where there have been some players in the team I don’t like but I’ve never hated any of our players like that

also, you look at that and it just brings me confidence we’re going to smash them because they’re toxic 

Edited by gbandit

Just now, gbandit said:

Bloody hell, seeing that and reading Grand Old Team, they absolutely hate the players. It’s not just the owner, they hate so many of their players. I’ve had times where there have been some players in the team I don’t like but I’ve never hated any of our players like that

I think the only time was Duff, Viduka, Owen et al. Can’t remember clearly though. 

I didn’t mind a Viduka at all, Duff I never liked much and I genuinely did dislike him when he left us and celebrated like crazy when he scored against us. Owen, is probably fair enough actually, such a nonentity of a person. Who else was in that squad? There were some likeable players right, Enrique, Coloccini, Harper, Martins, actually had time for Guthrie too, Bassong

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the only time was Duff, Viduka, Owen et al. Can’t remember clearly though. 

Definitely has similarities to our relegation, it's pure toxic over there atm.

When supposed good players let you down and don't put in the shift/understand the gravity of your position you rightly become fucked off, I hated duff [emoji38]

As long as we stay up I couldn't care about the rest being honest.

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I see that Lampard went to a back 3 yesterday v Wolves, dunno if Kenny getting sent off will change that against us. 

As shite as Keane has been of late, without him they had absolutely no one willing to bring the ball out of defence.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I didn’t mind a Viduka at all, Duff I never liked much and I genuinely did dislike him when he left us and celebrated like crazy when he scored against us. Owen, is probably fair enough actually, such a nonentity of a person. Who else was in that squad? There were some likeable players right, Enrique, Coloccini, Harper, Martins, actually had time for Guthrie too, Bassong

Never understood why Duff celebrated with such passion when he scored against us. Fucking drip.

4 hours ago, 54 said:

I knew their form was bad, just due to where they are, but I didn't quite realize is was THIS bad :lol: 

image.thumb.png.a6d01ddba49525bb00f71212178f2aa8.png

Eafa got sacked after the norwich game i believe,  so that's 1 win in 7 4 against teams they should beat

I'd 'take a draw', simply because it will be a better result for us than it is for them. Looking at their upcoming fixtures, this will be the only one where they're considered the betting favourites for the foreseeable future, and only one point from these two 'must win' home games will be a disaster.

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I'd 'take a draw', simply because it will be a better result for us than it is for them. Looking at their upcoming fixtures, this will be the only one where they're considered the betting favourites for the foreseeable future, and only one point from these two 'must win' home games will be a disaster.

Absolute stupid way of looking at it they are irrelevant to us, we are one of the in form teams of the country at the minute and these are terrible. Anyone saying they would take a draw here are negative beyond belief, the only teams we should be happy for a draw before the game right now are Man City or Liverpool. Why take a draw against a team you are better than? Just don't get this attitude at all.

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Absolute stupid way of looking at it they are irrelevant to us, we are one of the in form teams of the country at the minute and these are terrible. Anyone saying they would take a draw here are negative beyond belief, the only teams we should be happy for a draw before the game right now are Man City or Liverpool. Why take a draw against a team you are better than? Just don't get this attitude at all.

Calm down fella. Some think it's a bit stupid you banging on about winning 4-0, but just have a bit more tact.

If we can beat Norwich, Palace (matches where we will be favourites), draw Everton, Leicester and Wolves, and then anything else from the other 4 will be a bonus, before heading down to Burnley on ca. 40 points for a stress free final day, then I will be pretty happy.