Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

They might have a short spell at the start where they knock it about ok, but if they don’t get something early their arses will fall out. They have a toxic crowd, a shit manager and their confidence is shot after an awful run. It’s not going to take a lot for things to get toxic again on Thursday. We’ve been so solid defensively that they’re going to struggle to score so I’m seeing only a win or a draw for us here 

31 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Get the feeling we'll score early and it'll turn into a bad day for them. Also, am I allowed to watch games again now we've lost? :lol:

No, I want to start our winning run again! 

Had their game against Wolves on the other night while I was working. And of course watched the capitulation against Spurs.. Everton are diabolical in every sense - struggling at the basics in defence, scared in possession, hiding from the ball, no commitment from anybody. Toxic atmosphere in the stands.

Lampard is yet to decide on a formation, although he seems to favour a back three which badly exposes their worst players - Coleman and Kenny/Mykolenko on the wings. Their midfielders don't seem suited to play in a pair either. Van de Beek has been completely anonymous, Dele Alli predictably hopeless and disinterested.

So yeah, fully expecting them to somehow win tomorrow. Probably with the help of another dodgy refereeing decision.. Hopefully Lampard hasn't clocked yet that he must play their reserve keeper against us. 

On 14/03/2022 at 11:17, SUPERTOON said:

The atmosphere should certainly be more lively with it being a night game, I expect them to come flying out at us as well. Had a bad feeling about this one for weeks and think we will lose.

Me too. But felt the same. Against Southampton. Think/hope my radar is fucked. 

No reason not to win here. Don't overestimate them, they have an unproven manager yet to get going with them in the league and a mentally fragile squad with only a handful of decent players

Early goal for us and I can see us getting at least a draw. 

Also, to any dear Evertonians from GOT reading this thread. Fuck you and your club.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, The Prophet said:

It'll be a tough game for sure, but half the battle will be riding out that first 15-20 minute period.

Get the home crowd worried and on the backs of this fragile Everton side. Then go for the juggler.

Spoiler

Who was it that that originally said this? :lol:

I didn't realise how much of a state Everton are in on the pitch and off. They've spent so much money that they're on the verge of FFP regulations. Yet, the players they've spent that money on aren't playing (or in some cases have left). 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Get the home crowd worried and on the backs of this fragile Everton side. Then go for the juggler.

Hide contents

Who was it that that originally said this? :lol:

@Stifleror @neesy111 two of the most quotable people on here!

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wot. 

I've been a Newcastle supporter long enough to realise that at any point there can be a severe gut punch landed if you get too comfortable.

There is certain nervousness and pressure going into this game but it isn't because Everton are dangerous or a team to be worried about necessarily but more because this game is actually one where we will be expecting to win.

Losing to Chelsea even with how it happened wasn't much of a shock but losing to this lot with their form and everything will be hard to take.

Nervous but I do think with players back we will get the win. 2-0 Wood,Joelinton. 

Edited by Mazzy

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Would Rafa have turned it around? Or was he never going to do it at Everton because of the fan hate for his history with Liverpool?

Next season aye!

We have some Ashley era concerns/big of a hangover imo.  This was a game we’d always lose, Goodison under the lights etc.  We’ve got a competent manager with a tactical plan and players who are 100% committed.   Might bite me in the arse but can’t see us losing this if we set up how we have been 

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

We have some Ashley era concerns/big of a hangover imo.  This was a game we’d always lose, Goodison under the lights etc.  We’ve got a competent manager with a tactical plan and players who are 100% committed.   Might bite me in the arse but can’t see us losing this if we set up how we have been 

This :indi: