sunderland

Big River

33 minutes ago, Wandy said:

You’d think Donald and Methven will now finally sell up their shares to Dreyfus once they are up, so let’s see if he starts to put in some big money into them.

He's already said that he is running the club within its means. As for the shares, Donald and Methven will probably have premiership goggles on if they do go up. Even if they did sell they will still need further investment, as I said before Dreyfus is running it at a budget and does not have full control of his Trust fund. The increase in revenue from promotion will just cover additional costs, which they already struggle to do so at present. 

Edited by et tu brute

Yeah, no need to be morbid about missing out on a hearty laugh. When they were last in the championship that was a cracking laugh.  

My favourite one was their fawning over Coleman on the radio phone-in he was in for, because they'd got a win and a draw in his first two games or something. Not sure he won another game. But they know the next Brian Clough when they see it.

Edited by Wolfcastle

That's them going up, then.

Bit annoyed but at least Ashley is gone. At most, they'll be the Brentford to our Chelsea.

Will always be grateful for these hilarious 4 years. Absolutely fucking hilarious.

Actually, wanted them to stay in League 1 more because it somehow makes them relevant. They're everyone's cup final and I take a bit of interest following that league and they'll be near the top most of the time.

If they go up, they'll just be another team in the Championship. Plenty more stronger and better teams in there and it'd be hard trying to find them in mid table or near the bottom.

Come on Wycombe!

Edited by nufcjb

2 hours ago, Nine said:

They could easily lose in the final, play offs are never straight forward are they?

If you look at the table overall and form over the last 5, 10 and 15 games there is very little between them. It will be very tight and imho 50/50 for the winner.

As I said to my better half, prior to the match, "I simply can't lose" 

Enjoyed Sheff Wed's goal, cheered it no less, then moved on when they equalised. 

Tonight could've been my comedy moment. 

Now it might be the final, again. 

If they win that I'll move on too. 

They'll not get promoted out of the Championship straight away so the humour is, and always will be, ongoing. 

Tbf they've looked a half decent side under Neil and even through Maglasses they should be a Championship club. 

Looking forward to the final, tho, as I don't think it'll be the meander they think it will. 

As for whatever they do. 

The limped past a shite Sheff W, they are organised but that’s about it , so fuck if they go up , the must at some time , they will be stinking out the Champo for a good few seasons before they play us in the league , by which time we will be stronger than we are now and will still find them as the hilarious little tramps they are .

Bring them on 

They looked terrible last night but the championship isn't all that, , Luton just finished 6th and they only got promoted a few years ago, even Barnsley got to the playoffs last season and again they were in third division a few years ago. Coventry and Blackpool who have came up in recent season are comfortable in that league now. Unfortunately I don't think they will struggle in the championship.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

They looked terrible last night but the championship isn't all that, , Luton just finished 6th and they only got promoted a few years ago, even Barnsley got to the playoffs last season and again they were in third division a few years ago. Coventry and Blackpool who have came up in recent season are comfortable in that league now. Unfortunately I don't think they will struggle in the championship.

Blackburn were a League 1 club recently as well and have been in the top 10 in the Championship. Stumble upon a goalscorer and you're almost there.

8 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Yeah, no need to be morbid about missing out on a hearty laugh. When they were last in the championship that was a cracking laugh.  

My favourite one was their fawning over Coleman on the radio phone-in he was in for, because they'd got a win and a draw in his first two games or something. Not sure he won another game. But they know the next Brian Clough when they see it.

Remember when he was better than Rafa because of Wales at the Euros?

I do, but they don't, funnily enough

Edited by TheBrownBottle

A bit meh really. They deserved it over the two games and I'd rather they'd got beat, not enough that I'm that bothered though. They'll be interesting to see next season should they go up, what can they afford etc ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

A bit meh really. They deserved it over the two games and I'd rather they'd got beat, not enough that I'm that bothered though. They'll be interesting to see next season should they go up, what can they afford etc ?

Aye, interesting summer for them if they go up. Lord knows if they don't. 

Iirc any investment Dreyfuss hoys in has to be matched by the other 3 chancers. Two of whom ain't got a pot to piss in, relatively speaking. 

Maybees a drawn out wrangle until Dreyfuss has the lot. 

Personally think the Wycombe game will be much tougher than expected.

Over the two legs they were generally quite poor, imo. Scored two goals but were reliant on two massive defensive blunders - I’m not so sure a well drilled defensive team like Wycombe will afford them that.

I lowkey want them back in the PL purely because of how great spectacle the derby games are, and I really want to experience it in person at least once.

That being said, them in L1 provides a more even flow of entertainment throughout the season so there's no rush :lol:

If they go up then I think Ashley might be interested in them if his late bid for Derby fails.

They have a stadium that needs no investment, they have a training ground that needs no investment, and a fan base who already love him, and the owners will be wanting to cash in for a small profit as soon as they become a Championship club.