sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I actually think it wont take them that long to get promoted from the Championship. They are big enough in that league to attract decent names in terms of manager and players. Thats why its been so funny seeing them in the League 1 wilderness where nobody of note would touch them.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

I actually think it wont take them that long to get promoted from the Championship. They are big enough in that league to attract decent names in terms of manager and players. Thats why its been so funny seeing them in the League 1 wilderness where nobody of note would touch them.

Finances will stop them, you can't attract players if you can't afford them. Unless they get further investment they will be still looking at the bargain basement in the championship 

13 minutes ago, LV said:

He’s not right this fella.

Fair enough, get pissed every night but why post it on social media? 

That's what I'd be thinking if I had that wallpaper as well. He's bound to have an artex ceiling in his gaff as well I bet. 

17 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Finances will stop them, you can't attract players if you can't afford them. Unless they get further investment they will be still looking at the bargain basement in the championship 

You’d think Donald and Methven will now finally sell up their shares to Dreyfus once they are up, so let’s see if he starts to put in some big money into them.

They will likely go up. To be fair you don't constantly win late in games due to luck, there is something behind that. Man United were very good at it years ago. Their manager has done well. 

In the championship they will struggle though unless they get some serious investment. Hopefully the beardy bloke comes in and turns them into a national circus. 

Im fucking gutted another season of living in sunluns shadow,

We've already lost Gateshead all massive lads fans now apparently,now all the younguns will want Luke o'nien's name  printed on their footy tops,

Already sold 20k season tickets anarl

To go with 30k plus attendances in L1

Its all true just ask RTG

They were always going to come back eventually. If you think a mega club like Man Utd are going to be in City & Liverpool’s shadow for the foreseeable, these are going to be in our wing mirror for god knows how long unless they get their own sovereign state. Even if they win the odd derby, they’re nowt to us.

They'll go up, but their presence in the Third Division has provided non-stop laughter for me.  Fuck knows why Netflix paid Chappelle and Gervais so much for some nondescript stand-up; Sunderland Til I Die is still the funniest thing I've seen on telly for years.  Better than its prequel, Premier Passions, though to be fair watching Peter Reid swear at shite sunderland players will always be entertaining.

Always worth remembering that being in the Second Division still represents failure, not success - and given the parlous state of their finances, relegation will remain their most likely exit route from that division.  Fulham's wage bill alone is like six times sunderland's turnover ...