sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I'm absolutely rattled and dying inside at this news. 

I hope this gets the back page/headline spot of every newspaper/media website that such earth shaking news deserves. 

56 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be funny if it was Storey but I can’t see it. Although he was there at the final.

They’d be so fucked if he somehow got in, Haas F1 team ended their sponsorship with him early because he basically didn’t have the money to pay them.

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Only if you sing the wrong words.

99% of people definitely sing the wrong words then.

I sang Premier League to start with but it’s pretty clear the majority sing Premiership.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So they bought the club with its own parachute payment, ran them into the ground and failed for 4 years now they are looking to make a huge profit by selling their shares.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

99% of people definitely sing the wrong words then.

I sang Premier League to start with but it’s pretty clear the majority sing Premiership.

Not going to disagree with you there mate. Conclusion - dafties everywhere regardless of who they support.

Don’t they have a super rich French kid as the majority owner. Why is he not buying the remaining shares (the Twitter post reads as though it’s someone else with the statement about more info on the new owners).

24 minutes ago, SAK said:

Don’t they have a super rich French kid as the majority owner. Why is he not buying the remaining shares (the Twitter post reads as though it’s someone else with the statement about more info on the new owners).

Because said super rich French kid is not actually personally rich, and doesn't have direct access to the family money? I read (whether true or not) that he is only allowed access to the interest of a trust fund which doesn't pass to him until his mother passes?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not really bothered who it is tbh now that our own house is in order. Been funny laughing at their plight and struggle to get out on League 1 for so long but they were always heading back at some point.

Basically this for me. They were always going to come back up and stop being basket cases at some point, but we're had 5 or 6 years of absolute hilarity as they've plunged down the leagues and floundered about.

1 hour ago, jarralad said:

Would love it if it was from a Saudi group, see how they change their tune...

"wElL iF iT's oK fOr tHe mAgS..."

That's how they'd justify it. Immediately, and without any trace of self-reflection.

10 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

They don't honestly think the blackrock guy as 10 trillion dollars to play with do they ? ???

Many of ours seem to think the PIF funds are all ours to play with.

Edited by madras

17 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

They don't honestly think the blackrock guy as 10 trillion dollars to play with do they ? ???

Anything that means they can get one up on us, whether that’s cultural morality or finances, then logic goes flying out the window and they’ll be desperately clutching at. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

They are only minority share holders aren’t they? 

“Sunderland's ownership group includes Kyril Louis-Dreyfus – son of French billionaire Robert Louis-Dreyfus - holding a 41 per cent stake, Stewart Donald retains a 34 per cent share while Juan Sartori has 20 per cent and Charlie Methven owns the remaining five per cent.”

From RTG:

”Tom White - MLF and of Sky Sports Fame - has confirmed that Donald/Methven have agreed to sell their shares to an as yet unknown group.

Roker Report have since followed up to say that the names involved are likely to be revealed in the next few days, as well as that they are looking into the possibility of making some shares in the club available to fans via crypto-trading - which has set off a few red flags.”

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

From RTG:

”Tom White - MLF and of Sky Sports Fame - has confirmed that Donald/Methven have agreed to sell their shares to an as yet unknown group.

Roker Report have since followed up to say that the names involved are likely to be revealed in the next few days, as well as that they are looking into the possibility of making some shares in the club available to fans via crypto-trading - which has set off a few red flags.”

This sounds luscious. Throw in some NFTs and we’re full Ponzi. Will make Pink Strides and Donald look like the minor chancers they are.

"The EFL are pleased to announce successful the takeover of Sunderland today.

The consortium is led by Allen Stanford, Walter Mitty and Roman Abramovich's dog, all of whom have passed our rigourous tests with flying colours."