sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Happy they've kept my bet alive. It's not in their hands though, which it needs to be. I can't see Millwall & Cov slipping up and another team which isn't Sunderland not being able to take advantage.

Just now, Klaus said:

They will be shite next year if they come up. Burnley were absolutely honking last season and have pissed the championship this year.

It's a completely different Burnley side and manager mind

Not being a dick about this but... bring them on! Get them up, scrape up through the play-offs then  Luke O'Nien, Jason Thompson, Jack Reilly and Frankland Goalkeeper can front up against our lot. The absolute 20 minute fisting before we even start will be worth it.

I know the name of one SAFC player *shrug emoji* 

3 minutes ago, bhoywhonder said:

Not being a dick about this but... bring them on! Get them up, scrape up through the play-offs then  Luke O'Nien, Jason Thompson, Jack Reilly and Frankland Goalkeeper can front up against our lot. The absolute 20 minute fisting before we even start will be worth it.

I know the name of one SAFC player *shrug emoji* 

No.  Keep them well away from the Premier league.

On 28/04/2023 at 12:46, Dancing Brave said:

Another classic from the clown.

image.thumb.png.e31f20b6deda6295e52fd2397fc755f0.png

So this dense fucker is actually running a forum about professional football and this is his take?

Hi Keith S30s. Just a quick memo...You're thick as shit and have a fundamental lack of knowledge when it comes to the upper tiers of English football. Probably because it hasn't been part of your life for about a decade. Also if your friend 'Bear' is around, tell him to go fist himself.

Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's because it was a shit result, regardless of the last minute heroics.

Just spoke to my dad (Sunderland fan) and he says “it’s been a good season, I thought we’d be fighting relegation and there’s never been a threat of that” so he’s accepted their seasons over.

35 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Their fans seem to think a point today is worse news for them than we do

It's fairly natural for football fans to think pessimistically. They will be looking at the situation thinking it's now out of our hands, we could win 7-0 on the final day and still not make the playoffs, whereas many of us will be thinking if they can beat out of form Preston it only takes a Coventry loss, or the Balckburn-Millwall result to go their way and they will be in. 

They would have been almost certainly out without that late equaliser, very little margin for error - they couldn't have caught Coventry, would have had to beat Preston, hope that Blackburn lost to Luton on Monday, and then beat Millwall, those exact results, but the current situation, while worse than what it was at 3pm, hence their disappointment, it is far better than what it would have been without that goal, hence our disappointment :lol:

They are 7/2 to make the playoffs, so obviously no longer favourites, but not massive outsiders either, and their season certainly isn't over (they would have been like 28/1 to make the playoffs without the goal). If they beat Preston there will be a decent chance they will still sneak in.

Edited by Paullow

That point probably gets them the play-offs, bastards.

Obviously they'll beat Preston, which then needs Coventry to win at Boro and a Millwall win.

Twats.

Edited by Ketsbaia
E

I think they need Blackburn to get beat off luton and then beat Coventry. Coventry are playing really well recently and Blackburns form has dropped right off recently - I can’t see it and think it’s coventries now.

They’re in their “hope” phase of the inevitable collapse arc they always revert to. Expect them to miss out on the playoffs on goal difference or lose the playoff final in agonizing fashion. It’s the Mackem way!

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think they need Blackburn to get beat off luton and then beat Coventry. Coventry are playing really well recently and Blackburns form has dropped right off recently - I can’t see it and think it’s coventries now.

Na, it's Millwall vs Blackburn on the final day. Millwall are on 68 points, Blackburn are on 65 points (with a game in hand), and Sunderland on 66. Sunderland have the clear better goal difference of the 3, so they don't want either of those to get more than 69 - if Bburn don't beat Luton then they are largely irrelevant (from Sunderlands POV), but they will probably want Bburn to at least draw with Luton to give themselves more to play for, and then hope they draw with Millwall on the final day, or Coventry lose to Boro, and they will pass Coventry on GD or goals scored.

They need to beat Preston, nothing else will do, and then hope either (two chances) Coventry lose to Boro, or they get the result they want in the Millwall-Blackburn match. 

7/2 so no longer favourites, but not massive outsiders either.

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Need the spirit of Jimmy Hill again to keep the scruffy bastards down

Be a right laugh if Boros game kicks off abit late

Miwaw win and boro and Coventry just sit down and have a nice cuppa with each other with it still 0-0

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Boro going to put a weak side out against Coventry to protect their players for the playoffs? 

Don’t think Carrick has that in him from what I’ve seen of them this season.

Ideally you want Blackburn beating Luton which puts them on 68. Then them and Millwall not drawing meaning one can’t be caught. Then hope if Sunderland win they don’t climb above Coventry on goals assuming they lose to Boro.  

So hopefully a Blackburn win on Monday, but they’re not exactly flying. 

Edited by Stuy_O