sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Would take a fraction of the good luck they've had the last few weeks with other results going for them to squeek in. Every play-off contender bar Coventry (Blackburn, Millwall, Norwich, Watford, Preston, West Brom) shitting the bed in the most unexpected ways - drawing with each other, getting beat at Wigan etc. Millwall had Wigan away and Birmingham at home, just two draws and they'd be fine now

30 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Ideally you want Blackburn beating Luton which puts them on 68. Then them and Millwall not drawing meaning one can’t be caught. Then hope if Sunderland win they don’t climb above Coventry on goals assuming they lose to Boro.  

So hopefully a Blackburn win on Monday, but they’re not exactly flying. 

Sunderland will definitely be hoping for a draw on Monday which is the worst result for an anti Sunderland perspective. If Blackburn lost then they are out of contention (unless they beat Mwall 7-0) so that might play more into Millwall's hands and give them an easier final day, or if Blackburn win then a winner couldn't be caught by Sunderland as you say, but a draw would be awful because it would keep Blackburn just about involved - if they beat Millwall and Sunderland and WBA drop points they will be in, but then a Sunderland win would better a Blackburn win or draw on the final day due to GD, so hopefully it's either a Blackburn win or a loss on Monday.

I'm definitely thinking about this too much :lol:, but we'll obviously know more on Monday after the Blackburn-Luton match. WBA just about in contention, although they weren't worry Sunderland if the Mackems win due to goal difference.

Regarding Coventry, they are currently +12, Sunderland +10, but Sunderland have scored more goals, so ANY Sunderland win they will be at least +11 and ANY Coventry defeat and they will be at most +11, so Sunderland will defo finish above Cov if they won and Cov lost.

Edited by Paullow

16 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Got a sneaky feeling they will do it but who cares. They were past present and future they are just a tinpot club compared to us

I bloody care like and I think deep down all of us do.

Aye we know we're a bigger club than them, and if they do come up we'll probably beat them home and away, and we're going go be in the Champions League. But fucking hell, I don't want them bastards having the ecstasy of a wembley play off win [emoji38] I don't want them having that awesome summer celebrating knowing their back in the Prem.

Even if they go straight back down, I want them miserable knowing they've got another season in the Championship, don't want them having any happiness at all.

52 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

I bloody care like and I think deep down all of us do.

Aye we know we're a bigger club than them, and if they do come up we'll probably beat them home and away, and we're going go be in the Champions League. But fucking hell, I don't want them bastards having the ecstasy of a wembley play off win [emoji38] I don't want them having that awesome summer celebrating knowing their back in the Prem.

Even if they go straight back down, I want them miserable knowing they've got another season in the Championship, don't want them having any happiness at all.

If we get CL football that will be them devastated

Boro v Coventry on the final day will be a mindfuck because they're likely to face each other in the play-offs straight after.

Does either manager even attempt to give clues away?

Edited by Ketsbaia

To be fair, Sunderland have had a really good season. 

To he even fairer, I'd love to see Cov promoted via the playoffs - along with us qualifying for the CL, that would send prozac sales soaring on Weirdside.

I'm still amazed that they are even in contention for promotion. They are playing decent football, but seems like they have loaned some very decent talent from the PL which would explain a lot. I know Mowbray likes to play football but like fuck is much of this down to him.

I see they are totally full of themselves about selling out for the first time this season. Never seen a fanbase pat themselves on the back as much

I'd be raging if I was one of the 20 thousand who went in league one then get all these areeholes on the bandwagon once or twice a year

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

I see they are totally full of themselves about selling out for the first time this season. Never seen a fanbase pat themselves on the back as much

I'd be raging if I was one of the 20 thousand who went in league one then get all these areeholes on the bandwagon once or twice a year

Still a few empty seats what I saw, not as many as usual mind 

3 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Wouldn't mind Boro but don't want those cloggers anywhere near our purples.

Genuinely don’t really feel anything for them either way. If they’re promoted it would make some of my mates happy which is nice, but I genuinely don’t see them as that much of a rival these days.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Am I the only person who would quite like to see either Boro or Sunderland back in the PL?

I agree with you personally but I’m in the minority who won’t join in slagging Sunderland off as I have explained before my dad and a few uncles support Sunderland and me, my brother and other family members are Newcastle.

We have an understanding and mutual respect to be able to sit and discuss each others teams and not slag them off.

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I agree with you personally but I’m in the minority who won’t join in slagging Sunderland off as I have explained before my dad and a few uncles support Sunderland and me, my brother and other family members are Newcastle.

We have an understanding and mutual respect to be able to sit and discuss each others teams and not slag them off.

image.jpeg.e0aa4fc4a74d107f9cb6816b10caa7fa.jpeg