sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just had a look at the last 3 fixtures for these, by no means certain they’ll be in playoffs. Both Rotherham and Morecambe will be tough games, looking at the league table Morecambe could well need a result to stay up on the last day.

Guest neesy111

The mackems still have a slim chance for automatic promotion still with how much the top 3 have been iffy.

Edited by neesy111

Hate to say it but it’s opening up for them to go up via the play offs. I thought MK Dons would win them in a canter but they are falling apart just at the wrong time. And Rotherham are too so if they end up third then I don’t fancy them to go up now.

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

The mackems still have a slim chance for automatic promotion still with how much the top 3 have been iffy.

It's certainly got more interesting with the remaining fixtures.

Rotherham will be delighted that Oxford have got a winner against MK Dons so that they stay 2nd, but at the same time, that Oxford win just about keeps them in playoff contention, and up next it's Rotherham vs Oxford which will now be tougher, especially when Rotherham have lost 4 of their last 5. They then play Sunderland before ending the regular season at Gillingham, who will almost certainly still be playing for survival by then. Their GD might help them and they only need 3 points from 3 games for Suderland not to be able to catch them, but that's far from certain.

MK Dons, who after a 15 match unbeaten run, have now lost 2 in a row and have Morecambe and Plymouth as their final fixtures.

I had sheff Wed down as playoff winners back in Feb. Decent odds back then but didn't go for it. Looks like it's coming good for them. Hopefully Rotherham finish 2nd as thryve wobble so hard I think they'll bottle a playoff.

On 19/04/2022 at 21:25, Whitley mag said:

Just had a look at the last 3 fixtures for these, by no means certain they’ll be in playoffs. Both Rotherham and Morecambe will be tough games, looking at the league table Morecambe could well need a result to stay up on the last day.

I was actually at Morecambe v Portsmouth the other day just for something to do while in the area. I saw nowt from Morecambe to terrify anyone, they sneaked a jammy equaliser in the last minutes. Other than that, they were absolute shite - although Portsmouth weren't that much better. All this while standing on a 5-step terrace along the touchline. 

The mackems will probably make the play-offs, but I don't think they'll win them. Automatic promotion mackematically possible, but unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Taking last nights result totally in their stride this morning :lol:

Anyone wanting a good laugh with their mornibg cuppa before work would be well advised to pay RTG a visit. It's tremendous viewing this morning!

See they're now getting a bit concerned and the talking point has turned to being about future expenditure. The resident idiots trying to point us towards an Everton scenario, whilst totally ignoring that our future revenue will massively increase with future commercial/sponsorship deals.

The faux outrage is suddenly starting to be replaced by the real reasons that they are broken. The fewm on there is in full swing.

Edited by et tu brute

jeez its desperate over there.

just constant posts of "sportswashed" and trying to convince themselves the Saudis will get bored eventually (like Mansour?)

logic like "you prefer a lap of honour over 1000s of dead kids" is just bonkers

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Taking last nights result totally in their stride this morning :lol:

Anyone wanting a good laugh with their mornibg cuppa before work would be well advised to pay RTG a visit. It's tremendous viewing this morning!

I think the reality is setting in that we'll be in the PL next season, the owners are staying and we're going to be improving year on year both on and off the pitch.

They realise that they will almost certainly never be at our level again and it's killing them.

Weren't we apparently going to be playing theses inbred nonce lovers next season, aged well that did, these fuckers are irrelevant and should be treated as such, I think of Sunderland like I think of an Ant in my garden  

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Weren't we apparently going to be playing theses inbred nonce lovers next season, aged well that did, these fuckers are irrelevant and should be treated as such, I think of Sunderland like I think of an Ant in my garden  

Fuckin hell, he hasn't crashed his car pissed up again, has he?

Has your aunt got massive jugs

32 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Has your ant got massive jugs🤔