sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just skim-read the RTG thread.  Absolutely hilarious - from $tn hedgefunds to sizing up which ME country is likely to be buying them (Kuwait seemed to be a favourite).  The idea that because NUFC is owned by a sovereign wealth fund, someone is sat in a palace in the ME saying 'hey, let's buy KSA's club's rivals - that'll be fun, imagine the derby days!'

They don't seem to understand that they've had their billionaire sugardaddys, who propped them up at huge losses for over a decade.  Any potential buyer can quickly read their accounts, and realise that their potential is minimal - their income streams are tiny, and they aren't viewed as a 'name' club on its haunches (see Villa, Leeds, NUFC, Everton).  All they're going to attract are chancers, and it is going to eat them up over the coming years when they realise no fucker is going to throw silly money at them ever again.  They had their chance, but had smaller gate incomes than Hull.

Utterly delusional.  I love them.

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Just skim-read the RTG thread.  Absolutely hilarious - from $tn hedgefunds to sizing up which ME country is likely to be buying them (Kuwait seemed to be a favourite).  The idea that because NUFC is owned by a sovereign wealth fund, someone is sat in a palace in the ME saying 'hey, let's buy KSA's club's rivals - that'll be fun, imagine the derby days!'

They don't seem to understand that they've had their billionaire sugardaddys, who propped them up at huge losses for over a decade.  Any potential buyer can quickly read their accounts, and realise that their potential is minimal - their income streams are tiny, and they aren't viewed as a 'name' club on its haunches (see Villa, Leeds, NUFC, Everton).  All they're going to attract are chancers, and it is going to eat them up over the coming years when they realise no fucker is going to throw silly money at them ever again.  They had their chance, but had smaller gate incomes than Hull.

If a Middle East state was going to go directly against PIF to get at the Saudi state (they won't), they would choose one of the top 6 clubs. The faux (I thought they would all walk away if Middle East owners owned their club) mackems are broken and this is just the start.

The news today was amusing and also illustrated that their little French owner is a bulkshit merchant. They just don't get the fact that he doesn't want to risk owning the club in it's entirety; and only has a 41% ownership stake, is a massive red flag. It's great that Bill and Ben are willing to sell to anyone (they make their money so won't give a fuck) just to piss their fans off at best and at worst leave that club in serious trouble in the future. Long may it continue.

Edited by et tu brute

One amusing thing about that thread is they keep saying, ‘Just as long as it’s not some potless chancers. Oh and of course not some obscenely wealthy sovereign fund with dubious ethics either.’ For a second you could almost believe they’re being honest. 

Surely if the billionaire man child feels this way and is committed to these cunts, he’d just make an offer for the 39% himself ? 

“Neither I nor any employee from SAFC has had any dialogue with the cryptocurrency group 'The Fans Together' and although a timely conclusion to this matter is preferable, any transfer of shares must not compromise the club's integrity. All shareholders must also be qualified to take the club forward in line with EFL Governance and have alignment with the values and principles of SAFC and its supporters, as well as our long-term strategy."

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Surely if the billionaire man child feels this way and is committed to these cunts, he’d just make an offer for the 39% himself ? 

“Neither I nor any employee from SAFC has had any dialogue with the cryptocurrency group 'The Fans Together' and although a timely conclusion to this matter is preferable, any transfer of shares must not compromise the club's integrity. All shareholders must also be qualified to take the club forward in line with EFL Governance and have alignment with the values and principles of SAFC and its supporters, as well as our long-term strategy."

Yeah. My mackem season ticket holder friend was just saying to me that no one could buy the club through a leveraged deal because the trust fund kid has 1st refusal and would just buy the shares himself.

Well if he has 1st refusal then surely he already knows about this deal and has presumably rejected the chance to buy them?

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'm not even a mackem and I feel offended 🤣🤣🤣

Fascinating looking at their analysis of our every move over on RTG.

Dummett/Longstaff new contracts - Thought they were the richest club in the world.

Not ripping up a current sponsorship deal whether it be Fun88 or Castore - I though they were the richest club in the world.

Appointing Dan Ashford and not paying millions to release him early - I thought they were the richest club in the world.

All this proves is what their exact mindset and expectations would be if they were in our shoes.  The criticism would have already started.

All the stick those golfers are now getting on RTG[emoji38], not a single person on that board would turn down a multi million pound contract from the Saudis regardless of where the money came from.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Fascinating looking at their analysis of our every move over on RTG.

Dummett/Longstaff new contracts - Thought they were the richest club in the world.

Not ripping up a current sponsorship deal whether it be Fun88 or Castore - I though they were the richest club in the world.

Appointing Dan Ashford and not paying millions to release him early - I thought they were the richest club in the world.

All this proves is what their exact mindset and expectations would be if they were in our shoes.  The criticism would have already started.

No idea who Dan Ashford is tbh.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

No idea who Dan Ashford is tbh.

:lol:

Fuck's sake.

Same as whenever I hear Dan Ashworth's name I immediately go to Dan Ashcroft of Nathan Barley fame.

Just now, Sima said:

:lol:

Fuck's sake.

Same as whenever I hear Dan Ashworth's name I immediately go to Dan Ashcroft of Nathan Barley fame.

Nathan Barley was so underrated man.