sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Funny as fuck seeing them going post to post from total faux outrage, to their total delight highlighting our signings are not becoming of an expected top club (even though the window hasn't officially opened). Which is the most important I wonder? :bluestar:. I'm putting money on the faux outrage being the outright winner come the end of the transfer window [emoji38]

Edited by et tu brute

The mere suggestion they'd refuse an ownership like ours, with its obvious issues, is utterly laughable. They'd be on cloud 9. Its very easy to say 'no' when it isn't your club. 

I do wonder that if our new owners replicated or even exceeded running Newcastle as badly as Ashley did, the cries about human rights would be as loud? 

3 hours ago, Stuy_O said:

The mere suggestion they'd refuse an ownership like ours, with its obvious issues, is utterly laughable. They'd be on cloud 9. Its very easy to say 'no' when it isn't your club. 

I do wonder that if our new owners replicated or even exceeded running Newcastle as badly as Ashley did, the cries about human rights would be as loud? 

Their reaction when PIF had withdrawn in July 2020 was quite telling

They were over the moon, laughing at us, delighted that we missed out on such a takeover. 

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Funny as fuck seeing them going post to post from total faux outrage, to their total delight highlighting our signings are not becoming of an expected top club (even though the window hasn't officially opened). Which is the most important I wonder? :bluestar:. I'm putting money on the faux outrage being the outright winner come the end of the transfer window [emoji38]

So surely if the players were being linked with are as shite as they're making out, us deluded geordies should be fuming that we aren't signing here and now world beaters, rather than being delighted with who we're linked with? You know, being the deluded lot we are.

Again, something doesn't add up.

4 hours ago, Scoot said:

So surely if the players were being linked with are as shite as they're making out, us deluded geordies should be fuming that we aren't signing here and now world beaters, rather than being delighted with who we're linked with? You know, being the deluded lot we are.

Again, something doesn't add up.

You’ve summed them up.

One mackem on rtg reckons Ross is a ‘6ft 5ins swiss army knife of a striker’. He wasn’t even top scorer in the league last season.

15 hours ago, Stuy_O said:

If they were bad owners for us a lot of neutrals and pundits would say they felt sorry for us. The very same owners being good for us and the same neutrals and pundits hate us.

If i didn't know better I'd swear it was about the £ and its effect on them personally rather than anything virtuous.

Used to be a fun read occasionally, RTG. But it's just the same shite spouted over, and over (and over) again now. Casually throwing rape insults around at Newcastle fans. Quoting their own twitter posts. Faux outrage towards the ownership of our club. An endless loop.

Don't think they're coming back from this one.

Edited by JUICE690

47 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

No idea what they're on about today but it looks like the usual

image.thumb.png.362f0bbae6c59b90313465cec8deb432.png

Erm... Isn't that the queen in his avatar, close friend of MBS who regularly appears with him, gets gifts of horses from him etc?  That not count as "Royalwashing"?

21 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Erm... Isn't that the queen in his avatar, close friend of MBS who regularly appears with him, gets gifts of horses from him etc?  That not count as "Royalwashing"?

It's Man Shitty's owners that are into the horses, no? 

Sure Maktoum owns Godolfin etc etc. Just had a multi million squid beef with his ex iirc. 

25 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Classic mag whataboutery. Scum.

10 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Sure Maktoum owns Godolfin etc etc. Just had a multi million squid beef with his ex iirc. 

Mainly, but the Saudis are into the gee-gees as well.

At the time of the unveiling, Richard Oppenheim, then-Britain’s deputy ambassador to Saudi Arabia, highlighted how the two royal families had always bonded over this common interest.

“The queen has many horses, and King Salman and the Saudi royal family also have a long-held love of horses,”

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

It's Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum who's in with Godolphin isn't it. 

34 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Wait was that actually real?! 

It's certainly looking that the crypto company are certainly trying to buy the shares. Whether it goes to completion is questionable, but the meltdown on RTG is glorious. Looks like Bill and Ben maybe trying to get their money off whoever is willing to pay, whilst fucking the club up. Their kid French owner is looking more and more like a total bullshit merchant, as he could buy the available shares if he wanted to, so the question is why is he not?

Edited by et tu brute