sunderland in the EFL

Big River

20 hours ago, Sima said:

Not the walkover the main forum would have you believe.

20% are fine with it. I wonder what exit poll number you'd get if they were offered mega millions, the chance to win trophies and most importantly be North East top dogs instead of just a mid-season training match.

Despite having painted themselves into a corner with their phony outrage got to think it would be at least 50-60%

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Notice they’re having their say on the bother on Barrack Road on Saturday night, concluding (rightly) that it’s a cunt’s trick to kick someone in the head when they are on the ground.

Whether this stance extends to cult hero John Kay for what he did in the playoff semi is yet to be determined.

That was Hardyman if you’re referring to Budgies pen save 

Just out of curiosity, mainly for those of us up here who have Mackems as mates, colleagues etc, do any of them ever mention it, our owners ? Of all the Mackems I know, 2 bring it up in banter but they have both said they are jealous and when I originally voiced my concerns told me they'd love it if it was them. Strangely the only one who's mentioned it seriously is a 60s child 70s style placka  scouser who for all he's one of my longest standing mates, probs 50yrs or more, we never got (get) on over football.

Edited by madras

You would get accused of whataboutery but when they’re banging on about human rights we live in a country that has an official policy to deport asylum seekers to a third country and that country being Rwanda, still suffering from post genocidal ethnic tension. Their outrage is very selective. 

A significant minority of their fan base openly show vocal opposition to inclusion / support of BAME people. 

Their targets are obvious and telling. 

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Notice they’re having their say on the bother on Barrack Road on Saturday night, concluding (rightly) that it’s a cunt’s trick to kick someone in the head when they are on the ground.

Whether this stance extends to cult hero John Kay for what he did in the playoff semi is yet to be determined.

They have a point there, not so much kicking someone when they're down, all clubs have dickheads like that, but it seems to be on the rise all over and needs nipping.

30 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

You would get accused of whataboutery but when they’re banging on about human rights we live in a country that has an official policy to deport asylum seekers to a third country and that country being Rwanda, still suffering from post genocidal ethnic tension. Their outrage is very selective. 

A significant minority of their fan base openly show vocal opposition to inclusion / support of BAME people. 

Their targets are obvious and telling. 

I briefly but unfortunately lived in Sunderland (fucking pits of a place - like taking a time capsule to the 90s), highly doubt most of its local inhabitants can point Yemen on a map, or even know of its existence.

The only outrage there is when you're refused to buy white lightning and Carling before 9am.

Edited by Amir_9

25 minutes ago, madras said:

Just out of curiosity, mainly for those of us up here who have Mackems as mates, colleagues etc, do any of them ever mention it, our owners ? Of all the Mackems I know, 2 bring it up in banter but they have both said they are jealous and when I originally voiced my concerns told me they'd love it if it was them. Strangely the only one who's mentioned it seriously is a 60s child 70s style placka  scouser who for all he's one of my longest standing mates, probs 50yrs or more, we never got (get) on over football.

Similar but they both know I think we got lucky/state ownership shouldn’t be allowed. Likewise to actual mates or people who aren’t shite I’ll be pretty fair about them and would never have an issue but to the majority of arseholes on RTG I absolutely fucking love it.  

Given their own love of attacking the away busses (anyone doing this is fucking pathetic) it’ll be interesting to see what they do v Millwall. 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Similar but they both know I think we got lucky/state ownership shouldn’t be allowed. Likewise to actual mates or people who aren’t shite I’ll be pretty fair about them and would never have an issue but to the majority of arseholes on RTG I absolutely fucking love it.  

Given their own love of attacking the away busses (anyone doing this is fucking pathetic) it’ll be interesting to see what they do v Millwall. 

I agree about state ownership to a point (stable doors and all that) but we are at a point when some businesses are larger and more powerful than states.

5 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

So 40% of them either think it should go ahead, don't care or only think it should be stopped because it gives their "rivals" some ammo :bluestar:

Not sure what ammo this would give Luton tbh.

5 hours ago, madras said:

A lad I went to uni with is all ‘Football sold it’s soul, it’s not the same anymore, it shouldn’t be allowed etc’. Strange because I can’t recall him saying the same about Man City or PSG until our takeover went through.

Another said it probably shouldn’t be allowed and a change of government would sanction Saudi Arabia in anyway, but hasn’t mention it.

Most normal people just pass it off as a bit of banter. It's just the 'loud' weirdos online that are kicking up a fuss. In the real world I doubt they'd bat an eyelid, their certainly wouldn't be many of the online human rights experts doing any protesting, writing to their politicians etc. It's just incredibly convenient to be able to voice your disdain from the comfort of your own home without having to lift your arse off the seat.

I also think the majority of them really don't care and are doing it just to try and piss on our parade.

41 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

"Filling your car with petrol is a necessatary, playing a friendly game against these backward fuckwits is not."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-will-face-saudi-arabian-opposition-al-shabab-in-friendly-poll-in-parsnip.1593942/page-22#post-37236160

:facepalm:

Teetering on the narrow line between fake human rights outrage and good old fashioned racism now, splendid

9 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

They have a poll about whether the game should be taking place but it's posted on a hidden forum that only members can access.

Anyone with an account fancy checking in on how it's going?

Screenshot (18).png

8 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

That was Hardyman if you’re referring to Budgies pen save 

So it was, my bad. Knew it was one of their shit, clogger full backs.

Still no condemnation though and you’d get glib responses like “Ball was there to be won, marra”

Edited by Sima

7 hours ago, madras said:

The ones I know don’t mention it.  Merely joke about me being a plastic as we’re doing so well now.

You honestly couldn't make this up, what a blow to them! excited to read that whole thread :lol:

This is almost as good as the two "bilbao black cats" mackams who's entire existence was to promote love between Sunderland and Bilbao only for Bilbao to make a whole video montage celebrating their friendship with us.

7 hours ago, madras said:

They have a point there, not so much kicking someone when they're down, all clubs have dickheads like that, but it seems to be on the rise all over and needs nipping.

Totally agree.