sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I look forward to poaching Rigg in the next 2 years.

The nominal fee and therefore their acceptance of "blood money" will be the cherry on top.

Was speaking to mackem at work in London yesterday, very fair type tbf. His point was their recruitment has been shite and last year massively flattered them and banking on same 11 is shambolic by owners.

Hopefully hes spot on given their start lol

Just now, Andy84 said:

Seems like Diallo was making all of the difference for them

He made a significant difference. Those contributions plus Simms and Stewart’s earlier in the season made a massive swing to what would have otherwise been a lower mid-table effort.

Whilst Stewart was fit, he scored winners against Bristol City and Stoke as well as equalisers v Hull and Blackpool. Notwithstanding his other goal/assist contributions in wins. 

Ellis Simms scored the winner v Blackburn and a number of other goal contributions before Everton recalled him.

Diallo scored two game winners in each of the Birmingham games plus extensive other contributions.

Cirkin, Clarke and Roberts were the other three to make significant game changing contributions and at least one of them is rumoured to be on the way out.

I can see them reverting more to their form August to October last year which was majority draws and losses.

No chance they do as well as last season, that was their time to fluke a very unexpected promotion. It's all about how their fans handle finishing mid table. Whatever happens, it would be a brave bet seeing their manager to the end of the season. Too many factors for one of them not to come in and take him out.

I think they'll pull a couple of decent loads out the bag. They are a good place for youngsters to go as the quality isn't there is certain places and the facilities are good for any level, plus previous showcasing always helps. If you're not spending then you've got to get the loans right. 

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No chance they do as well as last season, that was their time to fluke a very unexpected promotion. It's all about how their fans handle finishing mid table. Whatever happens, it would be a brave bet seeing their manager to the end of the season. Too many factors for one of them not to come in and take him out.

I think they'll pull a couple of decent loads out the bag. They are a good place for youngsters to go as the quality isn't there is certain places and the facilities are good for any level, plus previous showcasing always helps. If you're not spending then you've got to get the loans right. 

I think there will be slim to no chance the loans coming in contributing to the same level as Diallo and Simms. Geldhardt’s efforts after Stewart got injured was the reversion to the loanee norm.

59 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Seems like Diallo was making all of the difference for them

On a few occasions last season when I saw them they were looking pretty average only for him to pop up and do something.