sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Serious question - why doesn't their (minted) owner seem to not want to put a single penny into his club to push it forward? I understand they've got a model blah blah blah but what's the point of being wealthy if he has no intention of spending anything? Even a few million per year pumped into things would help? He's literally sitting on his hands and watching his club almost compete :lol:

Just now, midds said:

Serious question - why doesn't their (minted) owner seem to not want to put a single penny into his club to push it forward? I understand they've got a model blah blah blah but what's the point of being wealthy if he has no intention of spending anything? Even a few million per year pumped into things would help? He's literally sitting on his hands and watching his club almost compete :lol:

He’s 26 years old and would rather spend his millions on champagne and cocaine in Verbier? 

You would have thought that - knowing the fact that this event was due to take place - that the sewage companies would have at least stopped pumping shit into the sea a week or so before the event.

The state of the seas around the British Isles is beyond a joke, not just Sunderland or the North East...  it is everywhere.  Raw shit, sanitary products and other rotten stuff flowing into the sea daily.  Meanwhile the Government allowed the water companies to be sold off to overseas ownership....  like they care about the seas around Britain....  all about the revenue!  Shameful.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

I want to take the piss out of the triathletes with the shits, but it’s just an indication of how colossally fucked this country is rather than anything Sunderland has done.

Yeah, things like this is an embarassment to the entire UK tbh.

Imagine how conflicted a Geordie Tory must be reading this story.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

12 hours ago, TheHoob said:

I see they are doing their weird Bobby Robson was really a Massive Lads Fan and was spat on and ran out of town by the nasty mags craic again, in response to some Ipswich fans singing There's Only One Bobby Robson today. 

I don’t think any of them know the actual story behind it but just like to randomly quote it…

3 hours ago, pinkeye said:

You would have thought that - knowing the fact that this event was due to take place - that the sewage companies would have at least stopped pumping shit into the sea a week or so before the event.

The state of the seas around the British Isles is beyond a joke, not just Sunderland or the North East...  it is everywhere.  Raw shit, sanitary products and other rotten stuff flowing into the sea daily.  Meanwhile the Government allowed the water companies to be sold off to overseas ownership....  like they care about the seas around Britain....  all about the revenue!  Shameful.

What are you on about they don't do that :cheesy:

19 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

And the clock stops at 90 mins at our ground.. 

Sure I read that where technically possible, that the clock will continue to tick past 90 minutes at grounds this season as part of the new directive. I wasn't there at the weekend - anyone notice whether that was implemented yet?

Edited by Elma

15 hours ago, midds said:

SAFC is an absolute money-pit for anyone silly enough to try and spend their way to any degree of success. I do think Little Lord Fauntleroy’s plan to Moneyball it is sensible.

8 minutes ago, Elma said:

Sure I read that where technically possible, that the clock will continue to tick past 90 minutes at grounds this season as part of the new directive. I wasn't there at the weekend - anyone notice whether that was implemented yet?

They didn't play any added time at all in the Sela Cup matches. All finished dot on 45 and 90mins.

21 hours ago, Manxst said:

He’s 26 years old and would rather spend his millions on champagne and cocaine in Verbier? 

And he isn't actually that minted until his mother passes on and he only has access to interest on his trust fund?

22 minutes ago, RS said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/fighting-on-the-bridge-after-the-game.1612720/
knocking the fuck out of each other all over the shop yesterday 

"The kid on the bridge before game was a young Asian kid wearing a Sunlun top got slapped by a much older Sunlun fan he got slapped twice in space of a few minutes summit gone on"

So eloquent  

On 06/08/2023 at 17:23, midds said:

It’s unclear how much money he has access to.

7 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

"The kid on the bridge before game was a young Asian kid wearing a Sunlun top got slapped by a much older Sunlun fan he got slapped twice in space of a few minutes summit gone on"

So eloquent  

"Summit gone on" yeah you've just said what's gone on you cretin 

7 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

So eloquent  

The synergy between username and post is quite frightening.