sunderland in the EFL

Big River

You'd think they were in the Champions League spots and we were in the league below the way the mackems i know are going on on facebook. 

(5 games in and they are 9th while we've lost to 2 teams who have been European Champions in the past 5 years and a good Brighton side.)

Edited by Karjala

If these last three results of ours were viewed in isolation across an entire season then I do not think anyone on either side of the North East cultural divide would raise an eyebrow but, because they came consecutively at the same time as Sun'lun made two consecutive wins then some of our fans fall into panic mode and some of theirs get super confident.

I hate losing but, I can understand that we will lose games across a season.  We have time to put things right and those dopes have plenty of time to fuck it right up!

16 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Mackem at work reckons we will be lucky to get a point in our CL group. It's amazing what a 5 nil win and a bad run for us does for their confidence!

This coming from someone whose club has played about 2 European ties in its history.

On 02/09/2023 at 12:05, Big Geordie said:

I was one of around 4000 that went to Turin when we played Juventus, back in 2002. Went over with Keith Barrett's Toon Travel - canny couple of days. :thup:

We were there 3 nights, 3 different hotels. Lovely city. Much better than Milan 

22 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

was there as well although in and out in the same day. Great city

Didn't get to see owt of Torino - Toon Travel had us booked into a hotel, which was around 90mins away - Alesandria, which was a nice enough town. Mind, the hotel only had one bar and a couple of staff on when we got there.

27 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

was there as well although in and out in the same day. Great city

Aye, we also did there and back in a day. Found a pizzeria serving alcohol, one pizza lasted most of the day accompanied with a lot of red wine. Canny day out.

3 hours ago, JLC said:

Aye, we also did there and back in a day. Found a pizzeria serving alcohol, one pizza lasted most of the day accompanied with a lot of red wine. Canny day out.

My mate was living in Zurich at the time. Flew there and got the train through the alps to Turin via Milan, great experience. We did the same, went for bait and had a canny drink. The alcohol ban was barely enforced. We went to a few places and were only moved on once a place got mobbed. Remember an ice cream van on the way to the ground doing a roaring trade, not many people leaving with cornets mind🤣

A loss for us and a victory for them and RTG is like the relief of Mafeking. Hoping they get us in the FA cup now.

I see their museum was broken into recently. Naturally, mags get them blame.

Apparently the majority of fans didn't stay behind to applaud the team after their win at the weekend.

They would have been too busy getting out to the Southampton fan coaches so they could give them a "slap" off the field as well as on it.

No football Saturday is complete without terrorising the away fans as they head home.

On 02/09/2023 at 12:05, Big Geordie said:

I was one of around 4000 that went to Turin when we played Juventus, back in 2002. Went over with Keith Barrett's Toon Travel - canny couple of days. :thup:

We flew to Genoa on the day, train to Turin stayed in The Best Western close by. We found a couple of places to drink before and a restaurant to drink in after the game.

The police were a disgrace and though we got the tram there we were all herded onto over crowded buses on the way back into town, blue lighted most of the way. Loads of fans had phones taken off them after the match as we tried to get out of the stadium. It was almost comical the way the police let the home fans through the police line to chuck objects at us during the match. 

We returned to Genoa the next morning for a few pints on a lovely marina thing they had.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We flew to Genoa on the day, train to Turin stayed in The Best Western close by. We found a couple of places to drink before and a restaurant to drink in after the game.

The police were a disgrace and though we got the tram there we were all herded onto over crowded buses on the way back into town, blue lighted most of the way. Loads of fans had phones taken off them after the match as we tried to get out of the stadium. It was almost comical the way the police let the home fans through the police line to chuck objects at us during the match. 

We returned to Genoa the next morning for a few pints on a lovely marina thing they had.

Me and my mate were in the top tier - bucket seats on concrete. Bogs were a disgace (hole in the ground, with everyone wading in piss :D ) One kiosk that sold dodgy tomato flavored crisps. ??? I'm sure I remember the local ultras fighting with the police in the ground and water cannons being used? ??? We all got held back after the game for an hour - then having to come out through a tunnel of coppers that had dogs, riot shields and machine guns. Nice!

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Me and my mate were in the top tier - bucket seats on concrete. Bogs were a disgace (hole in the ground, with everyone wading in piss :D ) One kiosk that sold dodgy tomato flavored crisps. ??? I'm sure I remember the local ultras fighting with the police in the ground and water cannons being used? ??? We all got held back after the game for an hour - then having to come out through a tunnel of coppers that had dogs, riot shields and machine guns. Nice!

Milan also. 

The daft fuckers have even got a thread on it :lol:

"Eddie Howe has been chosen to start the Great North Run on Sunday.

This run is now being turned into an ongoing Mag fest and just shows that the GNR is now a commercial freak show where indirect promotion of NUFC and the Saudi regime is blatantly accepted as normal.

Presumably there will be minorities who are outlawed in Saudi Arabia competing in this event, where tens of thousands of pounds are raised for charitable causes, I wonder how they all feel? Choosing Howe to start a high profile, televised event, is an absolute piss-take. I hope he gets booed to fcuk.

Just go all the fckuing way next year and have the Saudi's sponsoring it, bin Salman starting it and everyone who takes more than two hours to do it beheaded on the Shields sea front for public entertainment. Absolute disgrace.

Hope he gets booed all the way to the Medieval East...."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/eddie-howe-chosen-as-great-north-run-starter-on-sunday.1615299/

Thick bastards have got nowt to do but talk about our ownership all day and night because there's absolutely fuck all of interest happening in their club or city as usual. Bang average Championship side overseen by a mumbling old gadgey in a stadium with more crisp packets on the pitch than supporters in the crowd. Shit hole of a city with no tourism, nothing about it and full of troglodytes who bleat on about how terrible the mags are because they can't bear living in our shadow. Highlight of their year is wearing their new red and white rag from the club shop to Ponteland Airport before their 6 night all inclusive in Benidorm.

They'll hark back to the monsoon game and 6 in a row (conveniently ignoring the fact they knowingly played a paedophile in most of the games) and bang on about how they are much classier than we are and how the rest of the country likes them better than us (conveniently ignoring the fact that anyone visiting Sunderland as an away fan or indeed a player chooses to stay in Newcastle) because it's all they have to keep them going.

keep banging on about our Saudi ownership lads, it'll drown out the sound of the Champions League music and our hoardes of fans celebrating.

Alan Robson did it when I ran it and was high fiving people as they went over the starting line. I went to high five him and drew my hand away at the last second. I'd do the same for Howe.

:lol:

Although I thought they were objecting because of human rights abuses and not just because Howe is a Mag, so presumably Metro FM operate some blood diamond mines or something.