sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Their best players and managers going to Stoke and Southampton. I would have thought their fans would have thought they would be of a higher status than those two

Their 'trust the process' of buying young players to then sell for profit will surely only get them so far before it all unravels

Thing is, selling Clarke, Stewart and Roberts for £25m is more than he's paid for the club. Probably get another £20m for Cirkin, Ballard & Patterson over the next year as well.

It's Mike Ashley-lite.

It's not looking good, but this is also the risk you run when the model is geared toward buying talent to flip for profit.

We saw it with Yohan Cabaye. The second the player doesn't feel like you're being fair they kick off. Typically the definition of 'fair' is stopping them earning more money on a potentially longer deal. 

I'd take the bit about 'a lot of the players' being pissed off with a grain of salt, but the likes of Pritchard know they aren't getting a big money move at this stage of their career, so if Sunderland don't go up, he isn't going up. 

Rumour on RTG is that six are inbound tomorrow, but that seems risky as all hell.

42 minutes ago, Viana said:

He also adds that Clarke is one of many players unhappy with the club's overall direction.

About the 3rd time in as many days I've seen the cycle of a poster posting a rumour only to get laughed out of town and called a bedwetter on RTG before a journo has confirmed it's true [emoji38] beautiful. 

To be fair there's loads of bull shitters on that place. They could tell me the team are playing in red and white on Saturday and I'd hold off putting a bet on. 

Either way, manager strife, at least one if not two star players wanting out; it's a blow to their momentum. They won't go down, but it does appear they're getting caught in the quagmire of mid table. 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Bet Downie’s dreading the thought of spending deadline day in chicken town.

Incidentally their training ground is actually in South Tyneside, the south fence of the perimeter is actually the border to Sunderland.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Their best season and squad in the last 60-70 years?

:yao:

They voted on an all time eleven a few years back it had the likes of Phil Bardsley, Nyron Nosworthy and Lee Cattermole

:lol: bless “em.

Edited by Rafalove

11 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

They voted on an all time eleven a few years back it had the likes of Phil Bardsley, Nyron Nosworthy and Lee Cattermole

:lol: bless “em.

No wonder. Think they've had about 3 top flight top ten finishes in the last 60 years or summit

Embarrassing as fuck

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Their best season and squad in the last 60-70 years?

:yao:

Wonder if the legendary Baaally will be taking his bairns to our Champions League games again.

But fucking hell. Even their greatest ever team is chock-full of players you wouldn't recognise if you sat beside them at a CL game.

49 minutes ago, jack j said:

No wonder. Think they've had about 3 top flight top ten finishes in the last 60 years or summit

Embarrassing as fuck

I think it's actually 3 top 12 finishes since 1955. The two successive 7th places under Peeta Reid and 10th under Brucie, which they jumped about 4 places on the final day (including passing us due to that WBA Pardew catastrophe).

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

Wonder if the legendary Baaally will be taking his bairns to our Champions League games again.

But fucking hell. Even their greatest ever team is chock-full of players you wouldn't recognise if you sat beside them at a CL game.

Their 1990 team was better than that 

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

Thing is, selling Clarke, Stewart and Roberts for £25m is more than he's paid for the club. Probably get another £20m for Cirkin, Ballard & Patterson over the next year as well.

It's Mike Ashley-lite.

Primackems.

6 hours ago, Jonas said:

Star striker’s wife getting bucked off the right back IIRC. Cuckold Phillips.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Need to sign a Fletcher to get full racsist/bigotry spectrum on the high street. Don’t fund terrorism man. 

621969CC-3E9C-4300-81C7-5D4238A193C3.jpeg

Even if he’s free, it’s still not a tempting offer like.  Maybe if he came with a six pack of Carling and twenty bensons they’d get some takers. 

Big day today, They need to get it right.

Not arsed one bit about losing Gooch or Pritchard who both look like they are definitely away, They wanted longer contracts than we are prepared to give and if you keep a hold of players like that you will never progress that much.

Naturally didn't want to lose Stewart but it's good money for someone who we have been without for a year and we don't know if he will even come back the same player.

I will be disappointed if we flog Roberts as he is quality, Looks like Southampton are offering a 4 year deal which is pushing him towards making the move. 

Looks like we have a few replacements lined up but it's going to be a gamble.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Apart from a striker, what do you need? And who are you linked with, anyone of note or any players from top clubs who haven’t made it into the first team via their academies?

We have agreed a deal for a Ukranian Striker called Nazriy Rusyn, It appears it was between us and Donetsk but he's here now for a medical.

We have also apparently agreed a 5 million fee for a playmaker from Lorient called Adil Aouchiche, previously of PSG on a 5 year deal.

Rumours this morning we are also in for a midfelder called Miguel Crespo from Fenerbache, there'll no doubt be others but nothing concrete yet in the media.

As for who we need, a definite number 10, a striker and a holding midfielder I think and we will be fine.

Edited by TeddySAFC

21 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

We have agreed a deal for a Ukranian Striker called Nazriy Rusyn, It appears it was between us and Donetsk but he's here now for a medical.

We have also apparently agreed a 5 million fee for a playmaker from Lorient called Adil Aouchiche, previously of PSG on a 5 year deal.

Rumours this morning we are also in for a midfelder called Miguel Crespo from Fenerbache, there'll no doubt be others but nothing concrete yet in the media.

As for who we need, a definite number 10, a striker and a holding midfielder I think and we will be fine.

Staying in the league fine or pushing for play offs fine ? 

(I'm not taking the piss BTW)