sunderland in the EFL

Big River

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

A very sobering day for them - the clubs are currently oceans apart in every way.

Indeed. Imagine that had been at SJP and we’d been able to make attacking subs…

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just watched his post-match interview. Can’t put my finger on it. But his tone seems off. Like really arrogant and condescending. Almost sounds like he’s doing a Paul Daniels bit in PARKLIFE! 

Can see why they don’t like or want him based on that. Also a really uninspiring appointment. To get rid of Mowbray. Which was the right decision by all accounts and replace him with someone who isn’t any better. Who has just left Rangers under a cloud and was universally disliked by their fans. 

It's definitely not magic like.

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. I’ve already been rinsed for that howler :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's definitely not magic like.

30 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

:lol: 

“That’s MAGIC” 

Parklife!

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just watched his post-match interview. Can’t put my finger on it. But his tone seems off. Like really arrogant and condescending. Almost sounds like he’s doing a Paul Daniels bit in PARKLIFE! 

Can see why they don’t like or want him based on that. Also a really uninspiring appointment. To get rid of Mowbray. Which was the right decision by all accounts and replace him with someone who isn’t any better. Who has just left Rangers under a cloud and was universally disliked by their fans. 

Weird interview. Just didn't take breath and felt like nothing he said had any meaning. One of those who likes the sound of his own voice, what is said is very much secondary.

32 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Be surprised if their new manager sees the season out tbh.

Aye his tactics today played right into Howes hands, but he justified it with trying to tell the fans how brave he was and that's their style no matter the opposition 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

It’s like when you start writing on a post-it note, and then realise after a couple of letters that you’ll run out of space, so the letters get smaller and smaller and more and more squished together

That W and what follows, is like when the bairn starts writing out a birthday card and I have to reign him in and tell him to write smaller so he doesn't run out of space. He's 8. 😂

3 hours ago, Menace said:

People mentioned that they hate derby day and would hate for them to get promoted - I am the complete opposite. I want them to get promoted just so they get twatted every single week, and we give them a hiding. I would absolutely love it. All they have to say is "sports washing" Majority of these lot don't even know where Saudi Arabia is on a map.

I have been saying for about 18 months that anyone who doesn’t want this version of NUFC to play this version of SAFC has an aversion to risk bordering on being unable to cope with normal life. That was us nowhere near our best and it was a piece of piss. 

Edited by Dr Venkman

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I have been saying for about 18 months that anyone who doesn’t want this version of NUFC to play this version of SAFC has an aversion to risk bordering on being unable to cope with normal life. That was us nowhere near our best and it was a piece of piss. 

There is nothing to be gained from it.  Victory is a relief, and defeat would be bleak.  I’m much happier to watch them pissing around in the lower leagues broken and broke.  It’s not risk aversion - I just want their club to fail.