sunderland in the EFL

Big River

This Newcastle Map shows the "central NE postcodes" of Newcastle United support, where I cannot imagine many will support - or even think about - SAFC.

98081383_NewcastlePostcodesMAP-Part.png

Our support is core in a far wider area even than these Newcastle Postcodes, as our support comes from all of Northumberland to the West and to the North, as well.

I cannot imagine that even the 'densest' of SAFC supporters (a low bar, I know) would ever think otherwise . . . though of course they may well "say" otherwise to their mates on Forums !!!!! 

Edited by manorpark

52 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I grew up in Hebburn, it was about 70/30 Mag/mackem when I left in the 80's

Mackems love this shit, for any lurking on here i’m calling Washington 55/45 in our favour. Hijacked to make their small town a city and more of our lot inhabit it.

That’ll rile the small time cunts.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Mackems love this shit, for any lurking on here i’m calling Washington 55/45 in our favour. Hijacked to make their small town a city and more of our lot inhabit it.

That’ll rile the small time cunts.

Tbf a lot of those lads were sound, nowhere near as extreme as the Weyarside ones,although some of them were fond of painting FTM on garage doors

9 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

To read RTG you'd think the whole of Newcastle had taken the day off to prepare for tonight's game. Other than a bit of piss taking on here really can't say I've seen much about it from our fans. 

If we were still in a relegation fight and/or still owned by Ashley I really wouldn't be looking forward to tonight. The thought of them coming up and us in the Championship wouldn't have filled me with confidence given our record against them. Especially if we still had Bruce at the helm.

That being said, I really couldn't give a hoot about it. Obviously I don't want to see them come up, but I just think even if they do, it'll be small change in comparison to what we can/will do in the coming seasons.

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

I did find it quite funny earlier today. I was listening to Radio 1 around 1.30pm and they were wrapping up the sport, main headlines being Arsenal's managers signing a new contract, and ended it with, 'no Premier League matches tonight, but Partick take on Inverness in the Scottish playoffs.'

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

Is it right that they will be in bad financial trouble if they dont go up this year? Some lad was on about it at work today

no one knows , been saying it for 4 seasons tbh. 

might fill in the night watching this shit heap. Either way the football is grim 

30 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If we were still in a relegation fight and/or still owned by Ashley I really wouldn't be looking forward to tonight. The thought of them coming up and us in the Championship wouldn't have filled me with confidence given our record against them. Especially if we still had Bruce at the helm.

That being said, I really couldn't give a hoot about it. Obviously I don't want to see them come up, but I just think even if they do, it'll be small change in comparison to what we can/will do in the coming seasons.

Yeah, my mindset has changed a fair bit these past 7 months. I'd often definitely want them to lose in the playoffs and stay down there for a while, whilst we were scrapping for 17th and stinking the league out, but while I do still want Sheff Wed to go up, as I like the club and must have seem them at least 6 times live (best mate is a fan), I'm not overly fussed if Sunderland were to go up. I don't miss the derby at all though.

34 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If we had went down under Ashley this season it would have been the end. Us, Sunderland and Gateshead all playing in League 2. 

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: The cat eyes. Still find it funny as fuck a club playing in red and white decided to give itself the nickname "black cats"

The cats eyes is probably the best part of the display tbh. But aye weird nickname