sunderland in the EFL

Big River

36 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dummett or Hayden I'm going with.

Maybe Ciaran Clark.

But tbh none of them really fit their model. Possibly more likely to be a young player.

What a fun little game Paully has started.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Actually, could be Rigg signing a professional contract with Sunderland. Paully with his Hebburn links and being "shocked but understands", after it looking like we'd sign him. 

Upsetting. That’s one I really wanted us to poach 

34 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Seen as Paully got a photo with him the other day, probably his insider intel as he plied Basham with Jaegers.

Ha ha I was out with him - top lad is Bash!

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Fair play to the lad, believe he’s already had a few sub appearances. Much closer to playing for the ‘actual team’ there, and staying (for now) with the club who has developed him deserves some kudos for loyalty. Hope he does well.  

30 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He is / was a huge Newcastle fan when he was younger from what I gather.

Nah. Played for us at youth level but 100% red and whiter. Nice lad. I know his dad.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Fair play to the lad, believe he’s already had a few sub appearances. Much closer to playing for the ‘actual team’ there, and staying (for now) with the club who has developed him deserves some kudos for loyalty. Hope he does well.  

Exactly. Whether he's taken a pragmatic approach (more first team opportunities) or an emotional one (I'm happy here, I feel valued) he's made the right call.

Most important part is the here and now and getting the first team squad built to a high standard and depth throughout. The whole academy structure has been ripped up and a very high standard of quality coaches/scouts recruited. Probably take a year or two, but the academy will no doubt be producing high quality youngsters on a very regular basis.