sunderland in the EFL

Big River

24 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Their main goal as a club us basically Newcastle +1

Whatever that is or will be, is their aim.

And the owners financially ruined the club attempting to do that, at a time where our owner didn't give a fuck.

Still can't believe they're using the trips to wembley for division 3 play offs and pizza trophies as sticks to beat us with.

If they'd made it to an actual recognised final I'd have no qualms at all, our record in cups is horrendous.

But howay man, how is that anything other than embarrassing for them [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Paully said:

What a bellend he is

Honestly wasn’t arsed if they won today coz they’ll struggle next season and it’ll be funny to see them lose every week but after seeing his tweet I want them get fucked today 

Seen a lot of comments from them bragging about Newcastle fans not being familiar with Wembley etc. absolutely no self awareness that they are only at Wembley because they failed to finish in the top 2 of a league we’ve never been low enough to be in. 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Seen a lot of comments from them bragging about Newcastle fans not being familiar with Wembley etc. absolutely no self awareness that they are only at Wembley because they failed to finish in the top 2 of a league we’ve never been low enough to be in. 

Yep and to get there in a playoff final would actually mean we need to be relegated first. Or in their case, relegated twice.

But of course, we're jealous! [emoji38]

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve never heard or seen anything from or about that Barry Glendenning, just clicked on that tweet and I’m blocked on twitter by him 😂😂

Same! I have no idea who he is but I'm also blocked. :cheesy:

33 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Still can't believe they're using the trips to wembley for division 3 play offs and pizza trophies as sticks to beat us with.

If they'd made it to an actual recognised final I'd have no qualms at all, our record in cups is horrendous.

But howay man, how is that anything other than embarrassing for them [emoji38]

I know man 😆 

One of the main reasons they are in the situation their in is their obsession with us, genuinely.

Season after season in the Prem their sole focus was beating us, if they beat us then their season was a success regardless of where they finished or what else happened that season. This was never so obvious as to when they kept changing manager just before the Derby, subsequently beating us, then relaxing and being shite again until they play us and rinse and repeat.

If they actually focused on themselves and building a club to compete in the Premier league rather than a team to just try and beat us twice a year, they might still be there. In a way us being so shit under Ashley actually fast tracked their demise because they were so happy to be able to beat us for those 6 times in a row, that that's all they focused on, there was no plan, no strategy, no aims to build an infrastructure to survive in the league and thrive, it was just make sure they beat us and that's it. It's no coincidence they were relegated the season we weren't in the league either. Then once they're relegated they don't have us to focus on to mask everything else, so what happens? Attendances drops no ones arsed (apart from if they go to Wembley) there's no plan, owners are allowed to take the piss and they have nothing to cling to.

It's so shortsighted and so small minded man, it's obsession on another level and as I say it's one of the exact reasons they're where they are now, and one of the exact reasons they'll never compete with us on any level.

Hope they get smashed today, but my one consolidation now is even if they do back to back promotions, we'll be so far ahead of them that 6 in a row will never even get close to happening again, and we'll go back to beating them all the time that they'll be more miserable losing to us in the Premier League than they would losing to Burton in League One.

By the way, we’re probably going to get to Wembley ourselves in the next couple of years. When we do can it not be the basis for several thousand online debates about how many each had at Trafalgar Square the night before.  Can we just stick to bars and leave them to their own sad little tradition in peace?

43 minutes ago, gdm said:

😄 Fuck me.

Yonderland.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Honestly wasn’t arsed if they won today coz they’ll struggle next season and it’ll be funny to see them lose every week but after seeing his tweet I want them get fucked today 

It's the horrific narrative that because the Saudis own Newcastle then everyone connected to club is now in favour of beheadings, its like saying every Sunderland fan

that celebrated an Adam Johnson goal loves pedophiles, its awful and lazy but the uneducated lap it up

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

It's the horrific narrative that because the Saudis own Newcastle then everyone connected to club is now in favour of beheadings, its like saying every Sunderland fan

that celebrated an Adam Johnson goal loves pedophiles, its awful and lazy but the uneducated lap it up

And yet, I'd still say the second example holds more weight.

They got to the league cup final in 2014 that's the 1 thing they can hold over us. But they seem to use the lower league cups and play off visits as well which unless you're actually in those leagues no-one actually gives a shit about them.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

It also highlights how little a shit cunts like Baz actually give, given that they’re happy to weaponise human suffering as football ‘banter’. It’s basically following the same logic of the tea towel twats in our own support: ‘How does this thing relate to football and can I use it to feel superior?’

image.thumb.jpeg.83f9d348634f8f78a553c7609d673cbc.jpeg
Rocking the stereotypical 80’s journo look. Diet of pastry, tattered leather coat, in the pub at 11. 
looks like the runt in a litter of English Bull Terriers. 

Edited by RS

22 minutes ago, RS said:

image.thumb.jpeg.83f9d348634f8f78a553c7609d673cbc.jpeg
Rocking the stereotypical 80’s journo look. Diet of pastry, tattered leather coat, in the pub at 11. 
looks like the runt in a litter of English Bull Terriers. 

That's the first time I've seen a picture of him and my God, it all makes sense now.

Look at his eyes. Inbred to fuck.

*Ahem* *Ahem*

Inspired by the recent events of our southern neighbours in the capital I call this piece...

The day of the mackem play-off parade

The fountains of London ran brown that day
As ace lager cans were thrown away
Into the Thames where they'd float astray
Unlike league 1 where they'd eventually stay

And how the people did gawp at the awful display
The banker, the butcher, diplomatic attache
Until compelled to turn away
Nauseous with odours direct from Bombay
(Shouldn't have eaten so much Panda Buffet)
'The freakshows in town' the people did say
At the grim, grotesque red and white ballet
I think some even got done for affray

Then to wembley they'd eventually stagger
Sunburnt & red, faces caked in fish batter
Then one shouted out
"av pissed mesel marra"
As Wycombe marched on
Sunlun dreams would go shatter
And 'not today', the radio'd say

So back to work and back to grind
In the booth of the amusement ride
Watchin the bairns act unrefined
Applied to Lidl, but got declined
Think Jermaine might be re-signed

At 45 years & a day

The cutting edge of sunlun forward play

Definitely would have started today

But there isn't really more to say
Went to London, got put away
Spent some money on a day
To watch some monkeys mis-behave
On the pitch & on the pave
Shat in that fountain did you Dave?
Oh sunlun fc, what a charade!
On that day of the mackem play-off parade

8 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

*Ahem* *Ahem*

Inspired by the recent events of our southern neighbours in the capital I call this piece...

The fountains of London ran brown that day
As ace lager cans were thrown away
Into the Thames where they'd float astray
Unlike league 1 where they'd eventually stay

And how the people did gawp at the awful display
The banker, the butcher, diplomatic attache
Until compelled to turn away
Nauseous with odours direct from Bombay
(Shouldn't have eaten so much Panda Buffet)
'The freakshows in town' the people did say
At the grim, grotesque red and white ballet
I think some even got done for affray

Then to wembley they'd eventually stagger
Sunburnt & red, faces caked in fish batter
Then one shouted out
"av pissed mesel marra"
As Wycombe marched on
Sunlun dreams would go shatter
And 'not today', the radio'd say

So back to work and back to grind
In the booth of the amusement ride
Watchin the bairns act unrefined
Applied to Lidl, but got declined
Think Jermaine might be re-signed

At 45 years & a day

The cutting edge of sunlun forward play

Definitely would have started today

But there isn't really more to say
Went to London, got put away
Spent some money on a day
To watch some monkeys mis-behave
On the pitch & on the pave
Shat in that fountain did you Dave?
Oh sunlun fc, what a charade!
On that day of the mackem play-off parade

;D ;D ;D

And I thought the Shadows only did instrumentals.