sunderland

Big River

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

They reckon Clarke should be going for like 25 million , how many championship players ever go for that?

Typical mackem logic and they said the same about Stewart. Same fuckers are trying to say Manquillo would be 3rd or 4th choice in their squad now 

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

They reckon Clarke should be going for like 25 million , how many championship players ever go for that?

A Sunlin supporter I work with reckons Spurs have a 40% sell-on clause, hence the initial offer of £9m or whatever Burnley put in seeming like small potatoes.

He seemed to think they'd probably sell at £15-£17m plus add ons which would mean they actually bank about £10-£12m depending.

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Typical mackem logic and they said the same about Stewart. Same fuckers are trying to say Manquillo would be 3rd or 4th choice in their squad now 

Manquillo was the last player to score in the Premier League for them. :lol:

you'd have to be really working your ticket to feel threatened in sunderland. we're a pretty welcoming bunch.

I presume “really working your ticket” includes wearing an item of clothing they don’t like.

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I see another fan in peace (Ipswich) starting a thread saying how much more he prefers going to Sunderland than Newcastle. So predictable man [emoji38]

That's why whenever a team plays the Mackems at the weekend there is loads of the team's away fans in Newcastle.?

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Remember when we got mugged paying £20m for Callum Wilson and they said they wouldn't swap him for Danny Graham who had just come back on a free :lol:

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Remember when we got mugged paying £20m for Callum Wilson and they said they wouldn't swap him for Danny Graham who had just come back on a free :lol:

I sometimes wonder if RTG is a circle of folk who are all so terrified of being deemed a 'mag' that they feel a need to prove how pro-Sunderland they are. 

The club isn't a mess anymore which is good for the region. At the same time, they have a lot of young, largely untested players. I think they could ask 25m for Clarke if he hadn't already had one go at the Premier League. 

More from the fake Ipswich fan in Pyewer footbowel:

“Been to Newcastle twice. First time ended up in some dreary theme pub, second the old bill smothered us into some awful Irish theme pub as the away one. Never had that in Sunderland. Plus folk like to chat about the footy and I've never felt threatened, despite speaking like some Suffolk Yokel. People are genuinely interested in you as well. They even bought me a few pints, which I returned. Can't remember which pub but it was the old one near the gasworks

Do the police guide away fans into “away” pubs?  And also, this doylem would rather drink in this place rather than Newcastle city centre. https://m.facebook.com/thebluehousehendon

18 minutes ago, Sima said:

No.  Not even sure what pub he would be lying about being “Irish themed” if he has arrived at Central.

Victoria Comet across the road from Central, which used to be called O'Neills or O'Reillys or something 

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Victoria Comet across the road from Central, which used to be called O'Neills or O'Reillys or something 

Used to be O’Neills.

Hardly Irish themed unless they played us on or around St. Patrick’s Day.  They’re not funnelled in there, it just happens to be the first pub you see after leaving Central (either that or The Gunner) so away fans naturally gravitate to it.

Yeah, the town has no away pubs, certainly none that would be created exclusively for Ipswich Town fans, you know, the club we have a that mutual SBR appreciation with.

It's like The Secret World of Alex Mackem over there, just casually making things up on the regular.

Not saying he's full of shit but he's hardly experienced judge of things and his memory may be playing tricks on him as I think we've played Ipswich at home all of twice in over 20years and once in over 13years and specifically remember seeing some in Bourgouines (or however it spelled) where we were and Rosies prior to that in 2000/01 01/02.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The entire premise of this imaginary Ipswich fan (Ipswich ffs! Why?!?!) is mackems telling each other that Sunderland isnt as shit as people think it is, and Newcastle isnt as great as everyone knows it is.

The facts are: Newcastle is fucking great, and Sunderland is an underperforming cul-de-sac which needs something doing to it. Its not a 'shithole' by any means, but when you have an amazing seafront and beach, don't plonk a fucking Morrisons on it. Tynemouth outperforms Sunderland on every metric, and its about a tenth of the size. 

Do better sunderland. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not saying he's full of shit but he's hardly experienced judge of things and his memory may be playing tricks on him as I think we've played Ipswich at home all of twice in over 20years and once in over 13years and specifically remember seeing some in Bourgouines (or however it spelled) where we were and Rosies prior to that in 2000/01 01/02.

You do know he isn't really an Ipswich fan, it's not even subtle but they lap it up like rabid dogs

It's not enough to falsify fans coming onto their board to praise Sunderland's fans, atmosphere, city etc. but they have to also compare them to Newcastle favourably every time too :lol: