Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

I get that he’s only 19 and I haven’t seen his other games for Wolves but he doesn’t have great pace, he didn’t seem technically that strong, not great in the air, no idea what he’s like in front of goal but he didn’t look like a striker at all 

Guest HTT II
41 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The kid up front for wolves is will never make it in the PL. He’s total piss 

How much did they pay for him?

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

l gave them my cd copy.

nope. they dont quite "get it".

they'll learn as they get older.

Not a big fan of most of the Primal Scream stuff TBH. Always thought Bobby Gillespie was a bit of a knob. Preferred The Soup Dragons of bands of that ilk 🤣

42 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not a big fan of most of the Primal Scream stuff TBH. Always thought Bobby Gillespie was a bit of a knob. Preferred The Soup Dragons of bands of that ilk 🤣

Always liked the music, but his pitiful attempts at being Mick Jagger made watching him nigh on impossible.

16 hours ago, ManDoon said:

There were strong rumours it was a massive favour to Porto and in turn Mendes. 

That said, he's still very young and I'm not convinced he's a lead the line striker. Wolves ask a lot of Jimenez so no shame in not matching up to him (he was fairly mediocre until he came to Wolves). I also think that team is so risk averse I can't imagine it's fun being a forward.

17 hours ago, ManDoon said:

It’s one of the reasons I would be reluctant to spend huge on that French kid we bid for in January. Just feel in our position we need to spend on more proven quality.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Manxst said:

£35m, after he’d played all of 12 games for Porto and one goal…

Bloody hell, sounds dodgy…

They got a leg up from the Championship to established top half in the PL as a direct result of the connections established through Mendes and the advantages that brought through player recruitment.

This advantage has now become a bit of a limitation as the players in that pool are less likely to make as much of an impact and now cost more.

Ultimately that's the deal with the devil that they've made.

Bit like Watford fans whinging about the Pozzos for their scattergun transfer policy and hiring/firing of managers. Ultimately it turned them from a bottom half Championship club to one that will probably continually have spells in the PL and challenging for promotion.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

They got a leg up from the Championship to established top half in the PL as a direct result of the connections established through Mendes and the advantages that brought through player recruitment.

This advantage has now become a bit of a limitation as the players in that pool are less likely to make as much of an impact and now cost more.

Ultimately that's the deal with the devil that they've made.

Bit like Watford fans whinging about the Pozzos for their scattergun transfer policy and hiring/firing of managers. Ultimately it turned them from a bottom half Championship club to one that will probably continually have spells in the PL and challenging for promotion.

Watford are a weird one, I think their recruitment is generally pretty excellent, what's holding them back is the turnover of managers, none have the chance to build anything and the squad aren't going to listen as they know they will be gone after a bit.