Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace (20/04/2022)

Yorkie

38 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Right bunch of snidey twats palace like. Zaha is an utter prick

Mateta constantly holding his arm up and tapping his imaginary watch was pissing me off. I'm glad the Leazes finally gave him some stick towards the end. Also Gallagher was far dirtier than I had expected, never seen him live before but he was poor and offered little bar a yellow card waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

[emoji38] the ego on that guy 

Thought that was quite funny tbf. :lol:

I don't mind Zaha, you'd like him if he was on your team. In fact I don't mind Palace generally; do a lot of good in the community, Vieira is a legend doing a good job and they've some good players. Just couldn't get past us. :aww:

Nah, he's just a cunt. Good footballer, but you'd be annoyed at 15/16 year olds playing Sunday league whinging like he does, the bloke's almost 30. Complaining to the ref and starting on opposition players for fine challenges because they dare try and win the ball. It was fucking pathetic.

The fact the dressing room / training ground isn't a depressing purgatory has changed the players in how they respond to Zaha types too. There's actually a little bit of cockiness/attitude to us that's been missing. Noticed it growing for a while.

Edited by thomas

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There was a clip of the chairman at the end of the game waving a Newcastle flag, with the biggest grin on his face. He was absolutely loving it. It was class man :lol:

You've seen them all having a kick about on the pitch haven't you? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

You've seen them all having a kick about on the pitch haven't you? [emoji38]

Yeah, that was amazing too. I'm not sure I can quite believe what's going on at the club right now. It's just too good to be true man :lol:

I really enjoy the Radio Newcastle commentary on the NUFCTV highlights but whoever is in charge of the overlaying needs putting in the bin. :lol: Surely it should be the easiest thing in the world to just line up the reactions with the clips? 

I don't think I ever remember team spirit like this before, under KK it was good, but i don't think even that surpassed what is before us now.

A likeable manager who could be turning out to be someone very special, every time you hear something new about him you can't believe it's true as it so impressive. Owners who are also very likeable, who so far really do seem to have the club and fans in their best interest.

Imagine if we actually won something [emoji38]

Tonight was the first time I'd set foot in St James' Park for a decade. Part of that is geographical, I live on the south coast now, part Mike Ashley.

I must say I loved it. Went with the wife and nephew, at 9 it was his first ever match and to see his face and hear him talk tonight has been amazing. 

The atmosphere was generally very good, loved the flag displays which looked great in person. First half we bossed it but second half we just retreated and let them play on front of us. No idea how much that was planned and how much was Palace just playing better but although it wasn't fun to watch I rarely felt worried they'd score which says so much about this team and what Howe's done here. Such an incredible turn around since new year.

Not sure what happened after the hour mark. Going for the counter felt more planned this time - looked like Howe was motioning for players to hold shape a lot. He's usually shouting to push up.

We were dealing well with their press in the first. Thought we could've managed the second a lot better & carried on attacking.

Still, another 3 points, man. Amazing.