Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace (20/04/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Disco said:

FWIW thought the ref was decent last night. Tried to let them it flow as much as possible and didn’t dish out any silly yellows. Wonder if he’ll become a PL mainstay.

Thought the same today when thinking about it. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Disco said:

FWIW thought the ref was decent last night. Tried to let them it flow as much as possible and didn’t dish out any silly yellows. Wonder if he’ll become a PL mainstay.

Yeap thought he was fine.  So many fans where I was saying thinking it was a pen, like the ball was smashed onto his arm from 3 yards away. :lol:

Just now, neesy111 said:

Yeap thought he was fine.  So many fans where I was saying thinking it was a pen, like the ball was smashed onto his arm from 3 yards away. :lol:

Not seen it back buts it’s one of those you proper scream for and then turn to the bloke next to you and go “aye, that’s never a pen.”

Guest neesy111

Apologies, Google Photos + Browser caching at fault.  They make it too hard to share the raw link's, even though I pay for the backup of the photos.

1 hour ago, bigfella said:

These matchcams are great, the atmosphere comes over much better than it does on TV. 

Great angle for the goal btw.

Yeah I'm sure the highlights from sky etc use specially positioned mics to give a sense of mixed atmosphere. Because at St James' park if you're below level 7 the away fans noise very rarely transmits down.

Obviously there are exceptions but generally the atmosphere doesn't seem to translate to TV.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

He was good. Thought he actually should have given Gallagher a card earlier when he took out Bruno the first time, but relatively minor gripe. 

14 hours ago, Disco said:

Agreed. He gave us a few cheap ones with players just hitting the deck. But for the most part, it was great to see a game that wasn’t stop/start or all about the ref, for once. 

I also thought Guehi looked brilliant for them. It seemed a bit mad the money they spent on him at the time. But he has always impressed in the few Palace games I have seen since. Barely put a foot wrong the other night. 

He seems top on most defensive metrics on that Other 14 update every week. If he continues on this trajectory. He is going to be some player for a top club in the future and England. Doesn’t play like a 21 year old! 

19 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dunno what it is about Zaha, but the way he goes on doesn't bother me in the slightest. He whinges a bit, but he's hardly unique in being like that, and having an opposition player you can wind up and get under the skin of is a good thing (see Pickford). I've always found the dislike for him a bit OTT.

Seems spot on in interviews too.