Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace (20/04/2022)

Yorkie

Well, the second half was mostly defending and shithousery. Was not worried at all that they would score, you can now trust these lads to do the job. 40 points, is this real life

So organised, fucking light years ahead of the shambles under Bruce. Bruno and Miggy were class but I thought Targett was outstanding and my MOM. Why the hell Villa let him go when he was their player of the season is mental, got to sign him permanently ASAP 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

Guest HTT II

Decent first half, awful second half it has to be said, they’ve put so much effort in though and seem dead on their feet. The season’s end can’t come quick enough, hopefully that’s the last we see of a number of the players who simply aren’t good enough. 

Despite the narrowness of the win, I feel like you basically saw the best of both sides of this team. First half: played with a swagger on the ball without being super dangerous (don't think this team ever will be); second half: dug in extremely solidly, mainly in the back four.

We deserved it regardless of Palace's pressure cos they never actually got that close. Zaha's sighter at the end as near as they got.

Cracking win. 

Backs to wall in second half but never felt in too much bother despite barely getting a foot on the ball. Incredible turnaround in space of a few months, lots of good work completed but lots more to be done, onwards and upwards.

That defensive performance in the second half was brilliant, if slightly boring. I can't wait for Eddie to have some options from the bench.

Targett, Bruno and Schar were out best players. Miggy, take a bow son.

17 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Wood has been a statue most of this second half, would definitely bring on Gayle for some legs against his old side.

This criticism of Wood is harsh IMO, he never stops pressing. He's not got the greatest touch/finish but I can't understand criticism of his work rate, he's all over the pitch leading the press.

Guest HTT II

Rafa like vibes second half, only 1-0 but I didn’t feel worried, what the fuck is this, feeling like this watching NUFC today, just a sense of confidence. Howe and his team and the players, take a fucking bow!