Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace (20/04/2022)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

There was a clip of the chairman at the end of the game waving a Newcastle flag, with the biggest grin on his face. He was absolutely loving it. It was class man :lol:

I've still got that image of him and Staveley glumly slumped in their seats when we were 3-1 down in the Spurs game with all the Bruce out chants going on :lol: glad he can lose that memory of SJP.

Haven't watched much of Palace this year but heard a lot og hype about Gallagher, thought he was really poor.

Bruno MOTM for me just an incredible player and just knows how to do it all.

Be fizzing if I was one of the 50 Palace fans who came up, stinking attitude in the first half and then absolutely toothless in the second. Second half which was Rafa esque in the Championship. “No worries lads; they’re shite”.

5 hours ago, buzz said:

I've still got that image of him and Staveley glumly slumped in their seats when we were 3-1 down in the Spurs game with all the Bruce out chants going on :lol: glad he can lose that memory of SJP.

I remember after that game the camera focussed on them and seeing Ant’s reaction to the match. Summed up watching us for the majority of the 14 years before.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

9 hours ago, Adam said:

I remember going to games under SBR and while it was nice to win and be competing for things I dont think it was as good as tonight. It really feels like the fans have our club back and are part of it with the owners. Little lad next to me was waving his flag and loving it, even gave Zaha some stick, not bad for an 11 year old! 

I think with SBR we hadn’t dipped. Even in the Gullit and Dalglish period we had Champions League, Europe and two cup finals. SBR’s first season we had Europe and a cup semi final. 2nd season wasn’t brilliant but then we went 4th, 3rd and 5th. This time around we’ve had 14 years of being sucked dry by a parasite.

I'm not sure how clear it was on the telly, but Joelinton picking up and putting Almirón's shirt the right way out while he was still being mobbed like he's his fatha was absolutely class. :lol:

Edited by NEEJ

Guest HTT II

Maybe it’s just me, but I fucking hate the whole ripping the shirt off to peel away celebration, I just don’t get it! 

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I'm not sure how clear it was on the telly, but Joelinton picking up and putting Almirón's shirt the right way out while he was still being mobbed like he's his fatha was absolutely class. :lol:

Aye I noticed him in the background faffing with it while Miggy was in the crowd [emoji38]

Great spectacle last night, glad to be a part of it. Probably won't get back up for a while, but I'll hopefully catch some southern away games next season. 

The buzz continued throughout the city as well as I tried to remember how to get back to the hotel in Gateshead. Long time since I've seen that. 

Enjoy while it lasts... and ignore the haters! :indi:

7 hours ago, buzz said:

Don't think it can be understated how much of an effect him experiencing a night like last night can be in terms of seeing the power they could harness among our fanbase if they get things right.

The fact he was buzzing to wave flags and even want a kickabout on the pitch just feels so good after the previous 14 years.

Miggy has so much pace man, if he really starts looking to get in behind more it would make him infinitely more effective. Such a ridiculously good goal.

The little chest control to bring the ball down into space and the instant volleyed pass to release him is just magnificent from Bruno. He's looking like an absolute top tier midfield maestro.