Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

Just now, Billy Warthog said:

I don't blame some of the reactions on here, after years of shite we're hard-wired to be suspect of changes. 

But our world is different now. Let's see how it pans out! 

The pessimist in me would like to be mathematically safe then Howe can play the cleaner up front for all I care 

1 minute ago, Dembacha said:

Of course he's good enough to play an end of season game against an already relegated Norwich to give the regular starters a rest.

I don’t think he’s good enough to play in the Premier League no matter the occasion but that’s just me. Watch him score today now. 

2 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Don't get all this Lascelles hate like. Every player was shite under Bruce, Shelvey, Krafth, Joelinton and they all look like different players.

Lascelles made a mistake against Everton and instantly made up with a goal.

Yet he gets instantly written off today? Like he might play awful today but I'd imagine if he was that shit Howe wouldn't have started him

Yeah, I mean Schar and Burn have had a great run together, and with things looking safe, why not give Lascelles a run out. Think he's handled his benching well, and so let him get a game and give Schar a bit of a rest.

Just now, triggs said:

I think people need to understand this game literally doesn't matter in the slightest in the grand scheme of things going into next season

That's just not true at all. Because we are safe from relegation now doesn't mean all these next games are meaningless. They matter for the players who want to prove themselves for next season and they matter to Howe in trying to create a winning mentality to carry forward to next season.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Joelinton will be playing upfront.

Howe is probably looking to evaluate him in that position, in a setup that is not ultimate sit back Bruce ball, and with Joelinton now full of confidence. I like it.

Think he'll be asked to drop deep and link up with runners from wings and midfield. Hope so anyway because even a confident Joe can't really finish :lol: 

6 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

This. Would be quite interesting to see if Joelinton can boss the defenders about. 

My only concern, and it sounds harsh, but Lascelles. He's unfortunately not good enough for where we want to be. Hope he proves me wrong however.

He may fair better with Burn alongside as he did with Lejune (liability mind but can do better if not the main man) well soon find out ?

1 minute ago, Decky said:

I don’t think he’s good enough to play in the Premier League no matter the occasion but that’s just me. Watch him score today now. 

That's fair enough, he was fine against Southampton and looked good under Rafa. 

I'm confident there will be several reasons for this and we'll have worked hard all week on shape and roles, so I'm canny excited to see how we'll cope as a collective. Might go wrong and Im sure we'll revert if so. Might not and we might see we have greater options than initially thought. Cant see Norwich scoring past what I think that set up is going to be, either.

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Hopefully you’re right. The issue isn’t the goals or Wood it’s more taking Joelinton out of the midfield for a much inferior Longstaff. Hopefully they both score and prove me wrong!

Hey, it will be really interesting that's for sure.

It's a really good chance for the management to have more of a look at certain players going into next season now, and some of the others really could do with a rest.

Considering what Howe has been able to get out of someone like Krafth, we just have to let the man get on with it, he's been brilliant.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Didn't we get a draw v Man U with ASM up front on his own? Scored early on as well. I think he could have a field day today.

0-3 Maxi hat-trick.

After Wilson went off, yeah. We've done it at Anfield and in the last 2 home games. All about just getting balls in behind really.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Didn't we get a draw v Man U with ASM up front on his own? Scored early on as well. I think he could have a field day today.

0-3 Maxi hat-trick.

Wilson started that day

Slightly disappointed Miggy isn’t starting to see if he can continue his good form.

Would’ve preferred giving Joelinton a rest and Gayle a start.

Other than that I’m not particularly fussed, a decent opportunity to experiment with tougher games to come.

It's not the team I was expecting but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest some of the players today are playing for their places in the squad next season. also think it's fair enough that Howe's given them a game to see what they can do, I'm still delighted he's put us in a position to be able to experiment and see what's what with 5 games to go. 3 months ago I wouldn't have dreamt we'd be as comfortable in the league as we currently are - safe as houses and he can fuck about with the squad and rest people. Lush 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

After Wilson went off, yeah. We've done it at Anfield and in the last 2 home games. All about just getting balls in behind really.

If Maxi can get an early goal to settle himself, we'll go on to destroy these.

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think it’ll be ASM up front, or I hope not anyway. He looks pants there. 

Him running 1 v 1 against Hanley/Zimmerman is potentially exciting tho, especially considering Norwich need to attack us so there should be counter attacking opportunity aplenty. 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Think he'll be asked to drop deep and link up with runners from wings and midfield. Hope so anyway because even a confident Joe can't really finish :lol: 

Yeah, probably will play more of a deep lying striker role, which I think suits him, and he can then look to release ASM and Murphy. Should be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Slightly disappointed Miggy isn’t starting to see if he can continue his good form.

Would’ve preferred giving Joelinton a rest and Gayle a start.

Other than that I’m not particularly fussed, a decent opportunity to experiment with tougher games to come.

Just don’t think Gayle has any future here, so there’s no point. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

It's not the team I was expecting but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest some of the players today are playing for their places in the squad next season. also think it's fair enough that Howe's given them a game to see what they can do, I'm still delighted he's put us in a position to be able to experiment and see what's what with 5 games to go. 3 months ago I wouldn't have dreamt we'd be as comfortable in the league as we currently are - safe as houses and he can fuck about with the squad and rest people. Lush 

Spot on.