Newcastle United Women 4-0 Alnwick Town (01/05/2022)

Decky

Its obvious these owners will have the women's team playing at SJP often enough now and will invest in getting them up the leagues. What an honour it must be for Katie Barker to score the first ever goal at SJP for this side, amazing. 

Absolutely fantastic day and an accomplished performance (Alnwick's plan was to defend in numbers and counter attack but didn't really come off). Delighted for the lasses and the attendance.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Good job they chose to have zero Euro 22 games in the region. Instead, favouring the footballing hotbeds of (checks notes) Leigh and Milton Keynes.

To be fair, they went out to all clubs asking if they wanted to host games, and very very few came forward. 

I have no doubt we would have, had the request have come after the takeover!!

Hopefully the euros being in England will draw more attention to the game and will help it grow, and we'll be involved more in the future!

Enjoyed the game today - well, the first half! I had taken my three-year-old and hadn't planned for her to make it to half time so I had nothing to keep her entertained during the break :doh:

The standard surprised me a bit. Obviously Alnwick weren't great but our two CBs were composed and comfortable on the ball, the lass playing out on the left showed some really nice touches and our striker had far too much pace & skill for their defenders.

Hopefully this inspires both the current crop of players and the owners to really maximise the potential of a Newcastle United women's team.

No FFP in women's football either I don't think...

Unbelivevle....3grandsons season ticket holders.

One grandaughter season ticket holder another grandaughter at the academdy.

Ive got about 4- 6 month left .

Ashley you complete knacker.

May god hsve mercy on ya soul.

Eas it worth it .