Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

The low number on sale will also reflect that they will want to take stock next season. I think the owners will want to restructure the organisation of the ground and pricing structure for various sections - maybe even looking towards an extension or alterations (eg safe standing) to the stadium. The more season tickets you have the harder this kind of thing is to do.

It's easy to forget the club has basically been frozen in time for about 15 years in every way.

What I said weeks ago on here. I predicted a small amount if any. When the clubs got a waiting list of 400 applicants for boxes alone they were bound to want to reconfigure the ground.

Out of interest why are people logging in now and queuing? For what?

All you need to know is you made a purchase since 2019. It’s the wording of their announcement that made it seem like there’s something special to log on and check. Which there isn’t. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Hi all, really would like get a season ticket only would be my first one ever.

Only issue for me would be I spend half my time out of the country.  In those periods is it possible to resell ticket for the match for any ones I can't attend, I think would be better off with membership but just curious about the whole thing, any answers would be most appreciated.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Only issue for me would be I spend half my time out of the country.  In those periods is it possible to resell ticket for the match for any ones I can't attend, I think would be better off with membership but just curious about the whole thing, any answers would be most appreciated.  Thanks

There’s no official way to sell a season ticket seat, you would need to give the physical card to someone and get it back after. 

If you can do that I’m sure there’s a lot of people who will want to buy it. 

Given there’s almost no chance of getting one though, I wouldn’t worry about it too much :lol: 

I take my 9 year old son with me now. No chance of getting 2 tickets and 1 is no good to me if I can't take him so a membership will be the way forward for us until they either extend SJP beyond 60k or build a new 70k+ stadium somewhere.

33 minutes ago, dcmk said:

You’re better off just buying a membership and purchasing individual match tickets for the games you are around. 

Depending on the particular game, demand could be high, but if you know when tickets go on sale and can log on at that time to get them (keep an eye on the tickets section in here for info), you’ll almost certainly always get one.

I’m not really sure I would want a season ticket on my own, unless it has a seat beside it I can attempt to buy for someone else. 

Would feel too bad if I had one and my bro didn’t. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

I take my 9 year old son with me now. No chance of getting 2 tickets and 1 is no good to me if I can't take him so a membership will be the way forward for us until they either extend SJP beyond 60k or build a new 70k+ stadium somewhere.

It's the only way forward (if we keep progressing). I've not been back since the season before Rafa left so can't get a ticket despite having one before that unbroken from when the East stand was built. I presume they might have updated the system so that records pre 2019 may not be available. I've mentioned it a few times that we need an extension over 60,000 (not sure the cost will be worth it) or a new stadium. Impossible situation for the owners I appreciate, there was always going to be a number of fans left out.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I really don’t want to ever move the stadium location, but I really want to go to every game :lol:

Same for a few thousand by the look of it (me included) and it's going to mean a big decision for the owners moving forward. 

Guess what the club will weigh up is how long will it take in an increase in revenue from ticket sales, to pay for a new stadium. Otherwise they might just go the 60k extension route and say tough shit. A 70-80k in central location in the city centre might end up being the route they go for and I’d be all for it.

What a morning I’ve had 🙂  The son of the people who’ve bought my season ticket off me since Ashley so they could be sat beside their Mam & Dad now wanting to claim it as his own 😂  Give the family 2 years heads up I was returning regardless of Ashley but always knew it would be as soon as Ashley sold up and reminded them again a year later before takeover went through but with father looking to jack it in the son wasn’t that bothered and sick of Ashley also so let them have one last year together.

Its been brewing since the dad post takeover did a U-Turn and said he was going to keep his on so I reminded them of my T&Cs of them buying it off me as they’d decided too late to buy their own there and then. The guilt trips etc have slowly increased but I’ve had to stand firm without being unreasonable (offered to take day off to queue for his ticket and happy to sit in new seat if close to my original near my friends and give option of 4 different blocks, first dibs on any games I can’t make and the same guarantee from a friend of mine who sits a few rows away who’s seat I would take on those occasions to allow him to sit with his father). 

Wants me just to accept any seat in the ground and for me to try and move it each close season nearer to where I am already. This all whilst I’ve paid £695 in full for it. Always discuss direct with parents the renewal so they knew the score, I’ve offered to meet them before Tuesday to make things clear and coordinate best chance of getting a ST near his parent/s however the father is at Glastonbury until Monday and the mother doesn’t want to discuss until the father is back as has a lot on all of a sudden  🙂 

Tempted to create a WhatsApp group with them all and just dump it with all the screen dumps of texts over the years in particular last couple then just exit the group 🤣 … but I’m better than that so going to see them face to face as the ticket was originally for the mother to go with the father and nothing to do at all with son who’s started going. Warned them once his friend moved seat near them it was time he got his own but said they were jacking there’s in so son could have the dads if need be when I returned to my seat.

Hopefully it doesn’t get messy as they are lovely people and friends for nearly 20 years but I’m not going to be bullied into an unwanted seat location with crap view/atmosphere and way from friends (I’m Block L so great view and atmosphere decent as near Strawberry Corner). 

I guess this comes across as first world problems to some but thought I’d share an insight of other issues going on as I’ve a friend also in a slightly similar situation with regards to away points arrangement on his season ticket.

Good luck to all those (including me) attempting to get a ST next Tuesday for themselves or a friend but remember if left disappointed you are a member of a forum with some great helpful and trustworthy people on board so if it is true that ticket allocation will be similar to what it was post takeover then you’ll hopefully get to your fair share of games if not all 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All you need to know is you made a purchase since 2019. It’s the wording of their announcement that made it seem like there’s something special to log on and check. Which there isn’t. 

There is. It's been covered.

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What a morning I’ve had 🙂  The son of the people who’ve bought my season ticket off me since Ashley so they could be sat beside their Mam & Dad now wanting to claim it as his own 😂  Give the family 2 years heads up I was returning regardless of Ashley but always knew it would be as soon as Ashley sold up and reminded them again a year later before takeover went through but with father looking to jack it in the son wasn’t that bothered and sick of Ashley also so let them have one last year together.

Its been brewing since the dad post takeover did a U-Turn and said he was going to keep his on so I reminded them of my T&Cs of them buying it off me as they’d decided too late to buy their own there and then. The guilt trips etc have slowly increased but I’ve had to stand firm without being unreasonable (offered to take day off to queue for his ticket and happy to sit in new seat if close to my original near my friends and give option of 4 different blocks, first dibs on any games I can’t make and the same guarantee from a friend of mine who sits a few rows away who’s seat I would take on those occasions to allow him to sit with his father). 

Wants me just to accept any seat in the ground and for me to try and move it each close season nearer to where I am already. This all whilst I’ve paid £695 in full for it. Always discuss direct with parents the renewal so they knew the score, I’ve offered to meet them before Tuesday to make things clear and coordinate best chance of getting a ST near his parent/s however the father is at Glastonbury until Monday and the mother doesn’t want to discuss until the father is back as has a lot on all of a sudden  🙂 

Tempted to create a WhatsApp group with them all and just dump it with all the screen dumps of texts over the years in particular last couple then just exit the group 🤣 … but I’m better than that so going to see them face to face as the ticket was originally for the mother to go with the father and nothing to do at all with son who’s started going. Warned them once his friend moved seat near them it was time he got his own but said they were jacking there’s in so son could have the dads if need be when I returned to my seat.

Hopefully it doesn’t get messy as they are lovely people and friends for nearly 20 years but I’m not going to be bullied into an unwanted seat location with crap view/atmosphere and way from friends (I’m Block L so great view and atmosphere decent as near Strawberry Corner). 

I guess this comes across as first world problems to some but thought I’d share an insight of other issues going on as I’ve a friend also in a slightly similar situation with regards to away points arrangement on his season ticket.

Good luck to all those (including me) attempting to get a ST next Tuesday for themselves or a friend but remember if left disappointed you are a member of a forum with some great helpful and trustworthy people on board so if it is true that ticket allocation will be similar to what it was post takeover then you’ll hopefully get to your fair share of games if not all 🤞🏻

You’re too nice Paul, tell them to fuck off, shit bag tricks that.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not really sure I would want a season ticket on my own, unless it has a seat beside it I can attempt to buy for someone else. 

Would feel too bad if I had one and my bro didn’t. 

You're a better man than me. I'd absolutely take one regardless of his status. :lol:

Spoiler

He already has one. :okay: