Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think I'm just going to stick with my original plan of attempting to transfer my grandad's ticket from his name to mine - he's 87 now, had his ticket for 75 years and wants to keep it in the family (as we did with another ticket back in the 90's) but he's unable to go to all the games, especially when the weather is awful.

Just create an online profile for him (if he doesn't already have it) and change name to yours. No need to inform the club etc.

Just now, Sima said:

Where is it supposed to say if you're eligible?

I can see the info on the screen grab on a previous page but nowhere saying that you qualify.

Like I said above, it’s a silly instruction they gave. What they mean is, check if you made a purchase since 2019. 

I don’t think there’s anything more specific than that. 

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

They did an amnesty for this kind of thing 10-15 years ago, I’d say the chances of it being allowed now are next to zero

Oh well, I'll just keep using his ticket as it is then. I wonder if in 15 years time the club will cotton on to it or if they'll legit think they've got a 102 year old still attending.

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think I'm just going to stick with my original plan of attempting to transfer my grandad's ticket from his name to mine - he's 87 now, had his ticket for 75 years and wants to keep it in the family (as we did with another ticket back in the 90's) but he's unable to go to all the games, especially when the weather is awful.

Don’t bother trying to change anything mate, just use it as normal. The actual name on the ticket is fairly irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

I can see the info on the screen grab on a previous page but nowhere saying that you qualify.

If you see the info from the screen grab you're eligible. I attended all my games last season with a mate who booked them on his membership, the screen is blank for me when i click season ticket or home tickets.

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

image.thumb.png.ce72fbeb6c1e726d0d3a2c41d5501f69.png

Just a guess, but I think if you can see this, you're eligible. 'If they can see the option to purchase a 2022/23 season ticket, they will be eligible to purchase a season ticket'

Edited by Dr Venkman

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think so. A season ticket isn’t a right for you and your descendants to attend SJP for ever. 

Ok, you’re welcome to your opinion. Personally I love the idea of keeping that kind of heritage and continuity. Which fits with the rhetoric trotted out by the club. Not suggesting it is a ‘right’ but if someone wants to buy a season ticket and would like to be sitting where there ancestor/relative has always has, I think it is ‘the right thing’ to facilitate. 

19 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Ok, you’re welcome to your opinion. Personally I love the idea of keeping that kind of heritage and continuity. Which fits with the rhetoric trotted out by the club. Not suggesting it is a ‘right’ but if someone wants to buy a season ticket and would like to be sitting where there ancestor/relative has always has, I think it is ‘the right thing’ to facilitate. 

It is like if they pass away, should have the option 

30 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Yeah. 8 year old kids buy themselves tickets. 

It says you can buy only 1 seat on its own 1 unless you have a 8 year old travelling on their own to sit on their own then obviously it’s not the thing for them 

I'm eligible, phew. Don't remember this happening but a ticket was bought via my account in November 2019 for Palace (h), wasn't there but its in my purchase history. Plus my dad's and my accounts are linked, got that "strong relationship" star on it so his purchases are also on mine. So he can get me a ticket through that apparently.

Just need to be one of the lucky 1000 :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just been to the box office. Me and my dad had season tickets from 1988 to 2019. We aren’t eligible. 

Giving up our tickets was such a hard decision but we just couldn’t continue to put money in Ashley’s pocket so took a stand.

No easy way for the club to approach season ticket sales. Gutted.

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

What's generally the queue process for this? Can you enter at say 5am or will it literally be a case of logging in at 10am on 28th and praying?

You can log on earlier, but I think it randomises the queue at 10am. So you could equally be number 100 or number 20,000, no matter when you log on. 

3 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Just been to the box office. Me and my dad had season tickets from 1988 to 2019. We aren’t eligible. 

Giving up our tickets was such a hard decision but we just couldn’t continue to put money in Ashley’s pocket so took a stand.

No easy way for the club to approach season ticket sales. Gutted.

I think it’ll only be solved by adding another 15,000 seats. I think in the short term selling fewer STs is probably the fairest. 

If there’s only 1000 I won’t feel bad when I don’t get one, and I might be able to get some match tickets. 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You can log on earlier, but I think it randomises the queue at 10am. So you could equally be number 100 or number 20,000, no matter when you log on. 

That's right.

You sit on the site until it starts and then you're allocated a random place at the time it opens.

Just realised that my brother isn't eligible since I always buy 2 tickets for the both of us on my account. So he doesn't have any purchase history. 

Not that there was any chance of us both getting one anyway.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo