Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Yeah agree with all of this. They still do

have everyone’s history there but think I’m in the same boat as you. I was ST holder for years, loads of loyalty points etc. signed up as a member on takeover day and I’ve been to every game since. So got the purchase history, ST history and I’m a member. I would hope that would count for something, but again that’s my personal circumstances and can see why people would argue differently.

Yep, me too.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

My own situation is that I have been away from the North East for years. I have always kept up my ticket to stave off homesickness as much as anything. It has cost me a fortune, obviously, and when I did give it up- 2019/2020- the games I saw over Christmas (where the combined cost of tickets was over a hundred quid) were the first games that Ashley’s ten thousand free-loaders got to enjoy. 

In a moment of post-covid emotion, sat having a pint in the Strawberry last year, I decided fuck it, texted my mate for our old seat details and went over to buy it back. It was a moment of spontaneity that I am of course grateful for. 

Post takeover is the only time anybody has been at all interested in taking my ticket match by match (I literally couldn’t give it away previously), and I have always charged under face value. If they want to do what Liverpool have done, fine, it will just be an empty seat. 

I don’t think they were bothered about knocking your ticket out to a mate for a match or two, they literally had no idea who was in possession of the tickets and there was profit to be made on them 

Just now, Yassassin said:

I don’t think they were bothered about knocking your ticket out to a mate for a match or two, they literally had no idea who was in possession of the tickets and there was profit to be made on them 

Yeah, I think the idea posted earlier about a proper club organised re-sell scheme is the best solution  

I'm telling you, 10's of thousands of season tickets hung by string in St James' whilst slipknot or dope plays on the PA system and just allow the chaos to commence...

Or we could just do a boring shitty ballot or something, Whatever.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

From everything I've heard, it won't, and I don't think it even featured on NUST's recommendations did it?

Decent common sense test for the owners, this, and they've done pretty well in that regard so far.

yeh believe it’s pot 2 memberships, 

Pot 1: People who have previously cancelled. We have no recommendation on how far back you go, but due to the pandemic many fans may have been forced into a situation they didn’t want to make, cancelling their ticket. Opening an allocation of season tickets up to people that have history of being season ticket holders is something we would see as a fair process.

Pot 2: Open up an allocation of tickets to members with previous purchase history. Recognising members who haven’t been able to afford a season ticket up until this point is paramount, some will have attended a great amount of games and should have the opportunity to buy ahead of most. Previous purchase history we believe will avoid potential issues such as ticket touts.

Pot 3: A percentage to current season ticket holders. As current season ticket holders are also classed as members, we recognise that season ticket holders are lucky enough to have a season ticket in the first place, but this allows fans to potentially purchase for a younger family member, this being just one example. We then ensure season tickets are falling into the hands of genuine Newcastle United Supporters.

Pot 4: General sale. Opening up to new supporters with a certain allocation we believe is important, and running a ballot in this instance would guarantee an influx of the next generation. We have concerns over ticket touts anticipating future success at Newcastle to cash in for their own personal benefit, so caution is needed to ensure tickets sold in this capacity aren’t being sold on via third party means.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

And no one knows what the demand will be so people might be getting their knickers in a twist over nothing ?

Thats why I said gauge what the demand would be from those that quit en masse after Rafa. Do the maths and decided they can cover it and reunite a fractured fan base with those who’ve been on the other side of the fence whilst meanwhile introducing the next generation of fans. Likelihood there will still be room for new STs on first come first served and match to match tickets afterwards.

Mind you. Ive a funny feeling they won’t put any more on sale other than any not renewed possibly.

They'll be looking to move away fans possibly, rail seating, increased tickets going to bigger and additional sponsors. The less commitment they have to ST holders and more flexibility for reconfiguration etc the better for them.

We’ll find out soon enough I guess.

this makes a lot of sense, never considered the reconfiguration aspect.

1 hour ago, Newintoon said:

Pot 1: People who have previously cancelled. We have no recommendation on how far back you go, but due to the pandemic many fans may have been forced into a situation they didn’t want to make, cancelling their ticket. Opening an allocation of season tickets up to people that have history of being season ticket holders is something we would see as a fair process.

Pot 2: Open up an allocation of tickets to members with previous purchase history. Recognising members who haven’t been able to afford a season ticket up until this point is paramount, some will have attended a great amount of games and should have the opportunity to buy ahead of most. Previous purchase history we believe will avoid potential issues such as ticket touts.

Pot 3: A percentage to current season ticket holders. As current season ticket holders are also classed as members, we recognise that season ticket holders are lucky enough to have a season ticket in the first place, but this allows fans to potentially purchase for a younger family member, this being just one example. We then ensure season tickets are falling into the hands of genuine Newcastle United Supporters.

Pot 4: General sale. Opening up to new supporters with a certain allocation we believe is important, and running a ballot in this instance would guarantee an influx of the next generation. We have concerns over ticket touts anticipating future success at Newcastle to cash in for their own personal benefit, so caution is needed to ensure tickets sold in this capacity aren’t being sold on via third party means.

I want to be in pot 1 because I didn’t buy a season ticket under Ashley, when there were thousands available. 

Just seems ludicrous to try and categorise groups of more or less deserving fans. 

As long as we do everything we can to stop touts, that should be it. Everyone who wants a ticket to use so they can go to all the games is the same

as anyone else in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

As long as they put them on sale at the box office I’m extremely confident. I’m prepared to pitch up 72 hours in advance which should separate the men from the boys.

image.jpeg.1124952a2803254d024a02d27b17b5be.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

As long as they put them on sale at the box office I’m extremely confident. I’m prepared to pitch up 72 hours in advance which should separate the men from the boys.

I think this is why they can’t do it. Would be absolutely ridiculous scenes. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think this is why they can’t do it. Would be absolutely ridiculous scenes. 

Each man for himself like the old days, should ensure we don’t have to many feint hearts going forward into the new era.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Each man for himself like the old days, should ensure we don’t have to many feint hearts going forward into the new era.

Can’t disagree with this tbh [emoji38]

If someone is prepared to do that, why should someone be able to log in at home at 09:55 and get one?

Just my opinion like, but surely if people are prepared to wait outside the box office

5 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

My totally random, not ITK at all type prediction is site back up tomorrow, followed by an announcement of a (very) limited general sale on commencing on Monday. 

Would be surprised if it’s that early. They’ve only just closed the renewals and they’ll be flat out trying to work through them.

On 23/05/2022 at 09:02, Newintoon said:

I had a season ticket but when I gave it up I transferred it to someone else, which also meant they got all my away points. Wonder where that puts me, if I'm even on record as previous holder or if I was just wiped for the new guy. (This also means when I go back I never get away or home tickets in my name, I get them through that guy)

Blackburn away in the FA cup under Keegan was an experience, absolute scenes on strawberry place and they had to call the box office staff in to put them on sale in early hours. Remember sprinting up to the box office when they opened the gates and the swaying masses outside the old Milburn box office.

Happy days.

Guest neesy111

Just put more tickets onto general sale, means more fans can go across season.

I would like to go to a few games but not a whole season.

Edited by neesy111