Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

21 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Any decent places to drink tomorrow?

Louden tavern across from the ibrox underground will be heaving with Newcastle fans.Owner has said away fans are welcome(doesn’t happen with many teams)so it’ll be mobbed very early has a cracking beer garden and the bar and Lou ge is always jumping.

Get of at kinning park underground you’ve got..grapes,blue star club(usually have flute bands playing),orange halls,the union,the district,louden2,bellrock and 3 cheers you’ll be welcome in them all.

City centre..Oswalds,Toby jug auctioneers,could go on the pikeys tend to drink in the Irish slophouses up the gallowgate so wouldn’t venture up thst way.

Bristol bar on duke street is the place to go but it’s well out the way but worth the taxi.

Edited by 3Threestripes

On 15/07/2023 at 22:02, QatarMag said:

Hi everyone, is anyone travelling over to the US for the pre-season summer series? if so, where would everyone be based or staying? I am considering flying over to catch a few games on my own. I just wanted to ask on here if anyone is going to any of the games or if there is fan meet ups etc during the week or on match days while we are playing in Philadelphia / Atlanta / New Jersey as I have not seen any online yet. Thanks. Mark.  :thup:

P.S I am also looking for a spare Rangers ticket if anyone has one let me know as I would be happy to take it. Thanks again.

We are flying out of Newcastle on Sat morning going to Philadelphia via Heathrow with American Airlines. Staying in the Marriott Downtown which is very central. Have nothing planned on where to go Sunday lunchtime or after the match. Will be doing a bit of touristy stuff on Monday before a late flight back to London.

Heading up to Ibrox for the game tonight first.

11 hours ago, HWTL said:

I've got a ticket for Rangers end, do you think I'll be OK wearing toon top?  as it's only a friendly 

I would never wear any colours if I was going into an away end, even if it is a friendly. 

I think it's asking for trouble. If you do wear your top, don't complain if you do encounter trouble all it takes is one fan to take offence and your day is ruined. Not worth the risk IMO.

29 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I would never wear any colours if I was going into an away end, even if it is a friendly. 

I think it's asking for trouble. If you do wear your top, don't complain if you do encounter trouble all it takes is one fan to take offence and your day is ruined. Not worth the risk IMO.

In the past I have worn my Newcastle top at both Rangers and Celtic.  I was greeted warmly by both sets of fans.  Simple rules are a) don't act like a knob and b) smile a lot.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

In the past I have worn my Newcastle top at both Rangers and Celtic.  I was greeted warmly by both sets of fans.  Simple rules are a) don't act like a knob and b) smile a lot.

That's good to hear. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

8 hours ago, 3Threestripes said:

Louden tavern across from the ibrox underground will be heaving with Newcastle fans.Owner has said away fans are welcome(doesn’t happen with many teams)so it’ll be mobbed very early has a cracking beer garden and the bar and Lou ge is always jumping.

Get of at kinning park underground you’ve got..grapes,blue star club(usually have flute bands playing),orange halls,the union,the district,louden2,bellrock and 3 cheers you’ll be welcome in them all.

City centre..Oswalds,Toby jug auctioneers,could go on the pikeys tend to drink in the Irish slophouses up the gallowgate so wouldn’t venture up thst way.

Bristol bar on duke street is the place to go but it’s well out the way but worth the taxi.

I’m gonna say you’re not a Celtic fan then?