Pre-season (2024/25): Japan friendlies confirmed

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

?

That finish was his right foot? Exactly how Miggy would finish it with his left? 🙂

Just playing man, but come on, let’s wait until we’re 10 -15 games in watching the new guys before we start making judgements. We should know better. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

And maxi wouldn’t have finished it, most likely would have fallen over 

Was comparing him to Miggy 🙂

ASM probably would’ve put it in too mind…

Barnes is very direct, one might say rather like Maxi without the step overs and embellishments. He's very effective, looks a serious goal threat once in the box.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Murphy MOTM for me. Been brilliant. Save that £40m amd spend it on another position like

I think it's too late for that. But we do desperately need a CB.

Hard to tell not having seen our first eleven play together yet but it's been a concern how easily we get cut open and the opposition gets in behind. Both Fiorentina and Villarreal have been extremely wasteful.

We need a CB with pace for sure. 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Just playing man, but come on, let’s wait until we’re 10 -15 games in watching the new guys before we start making judgements. We should know better. 

I’m basing that on 10-15 games of seeing him. Was a typical Barnes finish. Whereas before was a typical Barnes left foot shot 🙂

Never chuck players on the scrap heap early. Probably the few on here who stuck behind Murphy 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Hard to tell not having seen our first eleven play together yet but it's been a concern how easily we get cut open and the opposition gets in behind. Both Fiorentina and Villarreal have been extremely wasteful.

Wouldn’t be to concerned yet, this isn’t our back 4 never mind our regular 11.

6 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Why? Think its a great celebration

8 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

No bow and arrow celebration. Hope that remains the case.

Are you actually Tim Flowers??

Might explain your hatred of the bow and arrow celebration since Shearer did it down in Blackburn 😂

Screenshot_20230806-172644.png

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Definitely agree about needing a CB this window but a big part of this is our half-arsed pre-season pressing. When we press from the front properly we'll probably be able to stop things like that developing in the first place 

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Barnes is as I thought almost as one footed as Miggy. I mean he will swing at it with power but not much control with it seems when I’ve seen him play.

Scores with both feet if I remember correctly. I watched a goals compilation from him just after we signed him.